M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #23
747flyboy
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2008 M3 2012 550i M
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 100
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourbillon View Post
Cool? This is the M5 section, not really sure why anyone would care? If we wanted 550's we would have purchased those
Just sharing my friend....Sharing and comparing....We can all learn from variety within the BMW line. Just think if you opened your mind...Wait a minute, that may be little complex and redundant for you. I apologize for ruining your section with my little filthy 550.
747flyboy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2013, 10:14 PM   #24
boots
Colonel
 
boots's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Cypress Tx

Posts: 2,115
iTrader: (0)

Yep we can all learn from one another. I think too many people get caught up in the moment and tend to forget what these forums are all about. It is about sharing even if it is in a different forum title.
__________________
2013 Bmw M5-Alpine White/Black-Oem gloss blk powder coated wheels-Expel clear bra-35% tint-Rpi Gtm Exhaust-Rpi Downpipes-Rpi Scoops-Bms piggy piggy-Hr springs-562hp/524tq

Country run
boots is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2013, 12:16 AM   #25
Tourbillon
Second Lieutenant
 
Tourbillon's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 S550, '13 4S, '11 E550
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 222
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747flyboy View Post
Just sharing my friend....Sharing and comparing....We can all learn from variety within the BMW line. Just think if you opened your mind...Wait a minute, that may be little complex and redundant for you. I apologize for ruining your section with my little filthy 550.
What exactly am I learning from your 550i that will benefit me? I'm well aware of the capabilities of the 550i as I'm sure you are of the M5. Please do not come here boasting you made a "homemade" M5, you haven't and never will.

If you want an M5, buy one.

P.S. While you are on campus, perhaps you should enroll in a course to learn proper sentence formation, the correct use of punctuation and the correct use of the word "redundant."
__________________
Present: '14 S550, '13 Carrera 4S, '11 E550, '13 RAM 1500

Notable Past: '13 M5, '11 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, '08 CLS63 AMG

Last edited by Tourbillon; 03-04-2013 at 01:27 AM.
Tourbillon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #26
Timberwolf
Lieutenant
 
Timberwolf's Avatar
 
Drives: People crazy
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Location, Location

Posts: 577
iTrader: (0)

I love cars of all types and will not snub a fellow enthusiast cause he doesn't have the letter M on his badge. To the contrary i'd love to know how a tuned 550 would do!
Thanks for sharing!!!
__________________
MCB 13 M5
07 997 TT - Gone
11 Corvette Z06 - Gone
07 Shelby GT500 - Gone
06 Z06 - Gone
Timberwolf is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2013, 10:47 PM   #27
URBAN LEGEND
Champ
 
URBAN LEGEND's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 M5, '13 ZL1
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Houston

Posts: 1,980
iTrader: (0)

That's why I stayed out of this one.
URBAN LEGEND is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2013, 11:14 PM   #28
747flyboy
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2008 M3 2012 550i M
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 100
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourbillon View Post
What exactly am I learning from your 550i that will benefit me? I'm well aware of the capabilities of the 550i as I'm sure you are of the M5. Please do not come here boasting you made a "homemade" M5, you haven't and never will.

If you want an M5, buy one.

P.S. While you are on campus, perhaps you should enroll in a course to learn proper sentence formation, the correct use of punctuation and the correct use of the word "redundant."
Dude....They do have remedies for small ones...You are allowing your small p#nis syndrome get to you. Chill man.
747flyboy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2013, 02:30 AM   #29
Tourbillon
Second Lieutenant
 
Tourbillon's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 S550, '13 4S, '11 E550
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 222
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747flyboy View Post
Dude....They do have remedies for small ones...You are allowing your small p#nis syndrome get to you. Chill man.
I'm fortunate I'm blessed and well endowed

From this point on I'll take heed from a quote from Mark Twain pertaining to arguing...

Gentleman, please carry on.
Tourbillon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2013, 07:11 AM   #30
Soorena
Captain
 
Drives: M3 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Paris

Posts: 812
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
What a tough crowd you guys are! He's just showing his numbers, that's it. He still has the 550i badge! So not a M5-wanna-be.

Nice numbers OP. If i were you i would go with a well known tuner such as Jean@Velos. But still 430whp is very nice. Enjoy it.
Soorena is offline   Iran
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #31
747flyboy
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2008 M3 2012 550i M
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 100
iTrader: (0)

Thank you very much Soorena. We are all BMW enthusiasts. I may have posted on the wrong board but the intent was strictly comparison. I received an overwhelming amount of support from M5 owners. If anything , just to indicate how well a BMW is built. We all know the 550i is the platform for the M5 and has ample potentials. For now happy driving.
747flyboy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2013, 09:10 AM   #32
ColdList
Colonel
 
ColdList's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 991 TTS Cab / 2013 F12 M6
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Marietta, GA

Posts: 2,433
iTrader: (0)

At first I thought "why is he doing posting on here?!"...then I remembered posting my F10 M5 pics on the E60 board for my buddies there"-lol! It's all good

OP-I think you got jumped on for sort of implying it was just like an M5 (although that is not really how I read it myself). For whatever silly reason it drives some people nuts. People let their little voice in their head tell them all kinds of crazy crap and it is sort of funny when yo think about it.

The 550i is darn fast even stock. It is actually what got me to make the jump to the F10 M5. One day I was behind a new F10 550i in my E60 M5 and he jumped on it and I could barely keep up with him. I just couldn't have that!

Hey, saw you were in Atl. What part? Should meet some of us at Caffeine & Octane next month. Love to check out your car. The M sport is a great look-especially on black.

btw...I'm goon leave you in my rear view when we leave though-hahahahahaha! KIDDING.

Last edited by ColdList; 03-09-2013 at 09:20 AM.
ColdList is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2013, 11:43 AM   #33
747flyboy
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2008 M3 2012 550i M
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 100
iTrader: (0)

Post

Thanks for the encouragment ColdList...Its all good and by no means was I implying my 550i is similar or close to an M5. I now realize I crossed the line. I hated the Squared Tip (Lexus looking) Exhaust tips. At first I only wanted the OEM rounded polished exhaust tips. Then I found a board member selling a full OEM M5 exhaust. I thought hec why not replace the whole thing make some sweet noise and HP. Technica Motor Sports in Midtown Atlanta was the shop performing the work. They are a class act operation and easily talked me into a Custom made Free Flow DownPipes to match the exhaust and an ECU flash to take advantage of the hardware. At the time it was a cool idea to post the results on the M5 board for comparison reason. You are correct. I know realize how some members are.
By all means, look me up. Im am in the PeachTree City area , lets hook up . I would like to check your M5. I have a 2008 E92 M3 with a VF Enginnering Supercharger kit (roughly 590WHP). Eitherway we will got on a meet. I am on my way to Seoul South Korea and will be back around March 25. My email jcandraos@yahoo.com , cell:7708781032
I look forward to it...Joseph
747flyboy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #34
ColdList
Colonel
 
ColdList's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 991 TTS Cab / 2013 F12 M6
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Marietta, GA

Posts: 2,433
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747flyboy View Post
Thanks for the encouragment ColdList...Its all good and by no means was I implying my 550i is similar or close to an M5. I now realize I crossed the line. I hated the Squared Tip (Lexus looking) Exhaust tips. At first I only wanted the OEM rounded polished exhaust tips. Then I found a board member selling a full OEM M5 exhaust. I thought hec why not replace the whole thing make some sweet noise and HP. Technica Motor Sports in Midtown Atlanta was the shop performing the work. They are a class act operation and easily talked me into a Custom made Free Flow DownPipes to match the exhaust and an ECU flash to take advantage of the hardware. At the time it was a cool idea to post the results on the M5 board for comparison reason. You are correct. I know realize how some members are.
By all means, look me up. Im am in the PeachTree City area , lets hook up . I would like to check your M5. I have a 2008 E92 M3 with a VF Enginnering Supercharger kit (roughly 590WHP). Eitherway we will got on a meet. I am on my way to Seoul South Korea and will be back around March 25. My email jcandraos@yahoo.com , cell:7708781032
I look forward to it...Joseph
Cool. Will do. Let's try to connect the first Sun. of April at C&O. Sort of long drive for you to come to Alpharetta but for a car guy it is a very cool show.
ColdList is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2013, 07:27 AM   #35
Bluesummer
Lieutenant General
 
Bluesummer's Avatar
 
Drives: slower than Ayrton Senna
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nürburgring, be there once, your heart, your soul will stay there.

Posts: 15,399
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2011 E82 135  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
2007 335  [0.00]
what is this M5 thing that everybody is on right now? Seems like it can make your epenis grow 1000x bigger so you can swing it left and right at people's faces
__________________

R.I.P. Steve Noh
Bluesummer is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #36
M3takesNYC
Banned
 
Drives: m3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NYC

Posts: 426
iTrader: (0)

If you step back and think about it though, truly what was learned from this post? You said people like to share information but sharing usually has some utility. Any m5 owners knows that any new bmw turbo is tunable for a lot of hp.

Also any M5 owners would not get a lot of utility knowing you can frankenstein an M5 exhaust onto a 550

Aside from that, what is the information you are hoping to share?

Now if you had information that truly would interest a crowd on a different forum than by all means but to share mods about a car that has no imnpact on the m5 is why they make a non-m5, regular 5 series forum.

I don't even own one but enjoy reading and posting but I sure don't post the results of my brothers 535 tuned car with m-sport suspension to share with the m5 crowd
M3takesNYC is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2013, 10:53 AM   #37
M3takesNYC
Banned
 
Drives: m3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NYC

Posts: 426
iTrader: (0)

Geez I forgot how flat on its face the 550i/N63 engine falls after 5k rpms. Geez they did magic with the M5 and its way more linear power and flat torque curve.

This is why the 335's and 550's are so boring to drive. You get a surge of low end torque and then you hit a wall.
M3takesNYC is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:40 AM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST