M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #1
secretariat
Private First Class
 
Drives: F80 M3 Awaiting production
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New York

Posts: 124
iTrader: (0)

End of production for F10 M5 when?

Does anyone know when the F10 M5 will end production and new M5 will start?

Thanks
secretariat is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #2
nynd
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: '13 BMW M5 White/S.O. Interior
Join Date: May 2012
Location: T.O.

Posts: 222
iTrader: (0)

Probably 2016 or 2017...
nynd is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #3
URBAN LEGEND
Champ
 
URBAN LEGEND's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 M5, '13 ZL1
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Houston

Posts: 1,958
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretariat View Post
Does anyone know when the F10 M5 will end production and new M5 will start?

Thanks
Once the US government returns to do their jobs...
URBAN LEGEND is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #4
emmfiv3
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: whenever I can.
Join Date: May 2012
Location: CA

Posts: 350
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretariat View Post
Does anyone know when the F10 M5 will end production and new M5 will start?

Thanks
Based on the way the E60 went, and the way the F10 has gone so far, the last model year F10 M5 will be 2017. The first model year of the G series M5 will be intro'd to the US for model year 2020 (again based on history). Sounds like forever from now.
emmfiv3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2013, 11:33 AM   #5
secretariat
Private First Class
 
Drives: F80 M3 Awaiting production
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New York

Posts: 124
iTrader: (0)

Urban Legend, I'm hoping they don't return.
secretariat is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #6
mrapplegate
Registered
 
Drives: 328i
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ohio

Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)

The CEO said in a recent article a couple of days ago,
Quote:
The next generation BMW M5 and M6 will most likely make extensive use of carbon fiber and aluminum, and are slotted to arrive, based on the 7-year production cycle, sometimes in 2018.
So looks like 2018 is the end of the current production.
mrapplegate is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #7
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
 
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

Posts: 5,093
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Once the US government returns to do their jobs...
Yep 2016/17 about right. Your country will be bankrupt by then of course.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
JOHNBMWM5 is online now   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #8
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander ///
 
stealth.pilot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 M5 Individual
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: South East USA

Posts: 4,596
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretariat
Does anyone know when the F10 M5 will end production and new M5 will start?

Thanks
Next week. time to get your deposit in!
__________________
2014 ///M5 Individual Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance plus, LED Pkg, Bang and Olufsen, 20" 343M Forged Alloy Wheels
Countermeasures: Bel StiR+, Laser Interceptor Quad HP, Zaon MRX
Upgrades: Eisenmann Sport with M Performance Carbon tips, Dinan anti-roll bars
stealth.pilot is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2013, 03:07 PM   #9
URBAN LEGEND
Champ
 
URBAN LEGEND's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 M5, '13 ZL1
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Houston

Posts: 1,958
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Next week. time to get your deposit in!
Not before hundreds of, "AWD or RWD" threads.
URBAN LEGEND is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-03-2013, 10:37 PM   #10
aculeg87
Captain
 
aculeg87's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 MCB/SS ///M5 & 991S
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NY

Posts: 792
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
Yep 2016/17 about right. Your country will be bankrupt by then of course.
This isn't funny, but as long as things keep going the way they have been...who knows. I guess it's all Bush's fault still.
aculeg87 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2013, 03:01 AM   #11
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
 
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

Posts: 5,093
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aculeg87 View Post
This isn't funny, but as long as things keep going the way they have been...who knows. I guess it's all Bush's fault still.
The problems as seen from "Outsiders" is that One side completely destroys everything before the next lot get in !!,

Starting from a clean slate sometimes wastes a lot of time.
What many in the USA forget is "they are not the Super power they once were no more than the UK.

Thats reality .
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir

Last edited by JOHNBMWM5; 10-04-2013 at 03:36 AM.
JOHNBMWM5 is online now   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2013, 04:45 AM   #12
johntomferg
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 BMW M5
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Decatur, Alabama, USA

Posts: 533
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretariat View Post
Does anyone know when the F10 M5 will end production and new M5 will start?

Thanks
They've already stopped making the pre-LCI M5. That means those of us with '13s in the US will have collectors items!
johntomferg is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2013, 09:56 AM   #13
ColdList
Colonel
 
ColdList's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 991 TTS Cab / 2013 F12 M6
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Marietta, GA

Posts: 2,433
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6
Quote:
Originally Posted by aculeg87 View Post
This isn't funny, but as long as things keep going the way they have been...who knows. I guess it's all Bush's fault still.
The problems as seen from "Outsiders" is that One side completely destroys everything before the next lot get in !!,

Starting from a clean slate sometimes wastes a lot of time.
What many in the USA forget is "they are not the Super power they once were no more than the UK.

Thats reality .
No more than the UK. Wow that is some crazy UK arrogance John.

Our current administration just happens to be full of incompetent. Well fix it! ...if we get thee fools out of office that is. Funny how so any of us are ok with a govt shutdown for a while. Frankly, we're sick of it on both sides of the political fence. Hopefully this is the eye-opener that we need.
__________________


2014 Black Black/Carrera Red Turbo S Cab
2013 BMW F12 M6 Cab
2010 Ferrari California
ColdList is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #14
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
 
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

Posts: 5,093
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
No more than the UK. Wow that is some crazy UK arrogance John.

Our current administration just happens to be full of incompetent. Well fix it!
MIKE we cant fix for two more years we are to all intents and purposes F**ked.

The government we have do "U TURNS" every week on decisions they make.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
JOHNBMWM5 is online now   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2013, 10:34 AM   #15
ColdList
Colonel
 
ColdList's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 991 TTS Cab / 2013 F12 M6
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Marietta, GA

Posts: 2,433
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
No more than the UK. Wow that is some crazy UK arrogance John.

Our current administration just happens to be full of incompetent. Well fix it!
MIKE we cant fix for two more years we are to all intents and purposes F**ked.

The government we have do "U TURNS" every week on decisions they make.
Trust me man. We KNOW we are screwed here. It is getting scary. Can you imagine a group of fools (Congress) passing legislation (Affordable Health Care Act) ADMITTEDLY having never read it, shoving it down the throats of citizens with the explanation "it is good for everyone" and then exempting themselves from it? Almost unimaginable.
__________________


2014 Black Black/Carrera Red Turbo S Cab
2013 BMW F12 M6 Cab
2010 Ferrari California
ColdList is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2013, 11:52 AM   #16
avlnch
Major
 
Drives: 2013 Individual M5
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South FL

Posts: 1,485
iTrader: (0)

BMW E60 - I like
BMW F10 - I like
BMW GXX - I don't know if I like
__________________
2013 BMW INDIVIDUAL ///M5 {Frozen Black/Amaro Brown/Amaro Brown Alcantara/White Contrast Stitching/Piano Black Trim}
avlnch is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #17
Stash21
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 M5
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Wales.

Posts: 210
iTrader: (0)

Thought this was a car forum.

China are in charge now anyhow.
Stash21 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2013, 03:10 AM   #18
Spinny02
Captain
 
Spinny02's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 M5
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Houston, Tx

Posts: 955
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
Your country will be bankrupt by then of course.
That happened a while ago.....
Spinny02 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2013, 10:37 AM   #19
Falcao
Private First Class
 
Falcao's Avatar
 
Drives: E60 M5
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Baltimore

Posts: 102
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
Trust me man. We KNOW we are screwed here. It is getting scary. Can you imagine a group of fools (Congress) passing legislation (Affordable Health Care Act) ADMITTEDLY having never read it, shoving it down the throats of citizens with the explanation "it is good for everyone" and then exempting themselves from it? Almost unimaginable.
No more than house of rep attaching ACA requirement to budget. WTF does that have to do with budget? You want to repeal ACA, get people to vote for you, take the 2 houses and WH and repeal the monstrosity that is ACA. IT is that simple. IT is called democracy and it works but you have to get people to vote for you and repeal any law you don't like and not shutdown government. I like Israel system. IF you don't pass budget, you automatically get budget much lower than previous years and it keeps going down until you pass a budget.

IF ACA is such a collosal failure and fundamentally flawed (just like the glitches with the website signup and other complex parts i think will not work) it will be clear night and day for people to see and you can make your case for repeal. You will loose your case if you attach unrelated items to budget and the focus is not on implementation but on theatrics.

IT is a good point to fight the exclusions under ACA yes but it is a flawed strategy to attach to budget and screw over people. You are going to make people upset and the other side wins.

I have vested interest because I am a govt contractor not getting PAID through this so i have a different perspective from those cretins sitting at home saying no big deal and shut her down
__________________
"I am ripper, tearer, slasher, gouger. I am the teeth in the darkness! The talons in the night! Mine is strength! And lust! And power! "
Falcao is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-06-2013, 06:55 PM   #20
ColdList
Colonel
 
ColdList's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 991 TTS Cab / 2013 F12 M6
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Marietta, GA

Posts: 2,433
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcao View Post
No more than house of rep attaching ACA requirement to budget. WTF does that have to do with budget? You want to repeal ACA, get people to vote for you, take the 2 houses and WH and repeal the monstrosity that is ACA. IT is that simple. IT is called democracy and it works but you have to get people to vote for you and repeal any law you don't like and not shutdown government. I like Israel system. IF you don't pass budget, you automatically get budget much lower than previous years and it keeps going down until you pass a budget.

IF ACA is such a collosal failure and fundamentally flawed (just like the glitches with the website signup and other complex parts i think will not work) it will be clear night and day for people to see and you can make your case for repeal. You will loose your case if you attach unrelated items to budget and the focus is not on implementation but on theatrics.

IT is a good point to fight the exclusions under ACA yes but it is a flawed strategy to attach to budget and screw over people. You are going to make people upset and the other side wins.

I have vested interest because I am a govt contractor not getting PAID through this so i have a different perspective from those cretins sitting at home saying no big deal and shut her down
Brother, I think BOTH sides are a freaking joke. We should dismantle the whole dang legislative branch and rebuild it privatizing as much as possible and filling in the smallest gaps with governmental management. When you remove competition form capitalism we ALL hurt. I feel for you. It is patently unfair. It is however hurting the "cretins" too. They simply don't "get it" and thus they don't even realize it.
ColdList is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #21
positiveions
Lieutenant General
 
positiveions's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 MKV JETTA 2.5 & E90 M3 :)
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Verne, CA

Posts: 10,409
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via MSN to positiveions Send a message via Yahoo to positiveions
5 years from production so about 2018.

And where did this government shutdown come about? The world is invested in the US. One goes down, the rest of the domino will go down.
positiveions is offline   Lebanon
0
Reply With Quote
      10-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #22
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
 
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

Posts: 5,093
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by positiveions View Post
5 years from production so about 2018.

And where did this government shutdown come about? The world is invested in the US. One goes down, the rest of the domino will go down.
Not anymore, china own America now.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
JOHNBMWM5 is online now   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 AM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST