M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
RPiM5
Brigadier General
85

 
RPiM5's Avatar
 
Drives: Riviera Blue F10 M5(Mika)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C.


Posts: 4,673
iTrader: (0)

It took everything within me to not buy this today

I had a serious gut check today . I stopped by my local dealer today to get some new air filters installed and a free car wash. I was hanging out in the show room and saw this. Good thing for me it was missing Full Merino Leather, Bang & Olufsen, Carbon Ceramic Brakes, and Aluminum Trace trim or else I woulda driven off with it today! Damn you BMW!!! Your ///Marketing Brainwashing was working on me! Grrr!
Attached Images
 
__________________
You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 07:58 PM   #2
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
12

 
turbolag's Avatar
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: .


Posts: 1,124
iTrader: (0)

Frozen or MCB?

It's a beautiful car...
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 08:02 PM   #3
ice7
First Lieutenant
6

 
ice7's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 M5, F13 M6
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NOVA


Posts: 343
iTrader: (0)

Gorgeous! Is this at BMW Sterling?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 08:15 PM   #4
mstmng
Major
United Kingdom
13

 
Drives: M5 '12 Silverstone/Black
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: London


Posts: 1,382
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
I had a serious gut check today . I stopped by my local dealer today to get some new air filters installed and a free car wash. I was hanging out in the show room and saw this. Good thing for me it was missing Full Merino Leather, Bang & Olufsen, Carbon Ceramic Brakes, and Aluminum Trace trim or else I woulda driven off with it today! Damn you BMW!!! Your ///Marketing Brainwashing was working on me! Grrr!
it was missing quite a few things so BMW is unlucky with marketing for u

i don't understand why dealers don't order FULL options to their showrooms...
my friends bought 2 x6m's this year from same dealership
full options: full leather, cameras, ventilated seats, heated steering wheel, best sound system they offer on x6m, etc etc

on the way home both realised there is NO bluetooth!!! WTF???
95k car DOES NOT HAVE BLUETOOTH AS STANDARD OPTION!!! seriously???
when u press TEL on iDrive, nothing happens... why there is a button which does not do anything... its not 118d, even those cars have bluetooth as standard option these days...

showrooms should order FULL SPEC cars, so people can see every single option and maybe then they decide not to wait for a car, just buy it outright... this marketing does not make sense for me
__________________
M5 F10 '12 FS/Black, catless resonated RPi GTM
M3 E90 DCT '08 Jerez/Ext Bamboo Beige, E-Race GONE
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #5
MSportDC
///MSport-DC
United_States
3

 
MSportDC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F10 M5, 2012 X5 35d
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Wash. D.C.


Posts: 179
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstmng View Post
it was missing quite a few things so BMW is unlucky with marketing for u

i don't understand why dealers don't order FULL options to their showrooms...
my friends bought 2 x6m's this year from same dealership
full options: full leather, cameras, ventilated seats, heated steering wheel, best sound system they offer on x6m, etc etc

on the way home both realised there is NO bluetooth!!! WTF???
95k car DOES NOT HAVE BLUETOOTH AS STANDARD OPTION!!! seriously???
when u press TEL on iDrive, nothing happens... why there is a button which does not do anything... its not 118d, even those cars have bluetooth as standard option these days...

showrooms should order FULL SPEC cars, so people can see every single option and maybe then they decide not to wait for a car, just buy it outright... this marketing does not make sense for me
No bluetooth... wow. That is just unacceptable and downright confounding.
__________________
2012 BMW X5 35d (Alpine white/Black - Loaded) - Delivery: 2012/9/17
2013 BMW M5 (Azurite black/Black full merino/Piano trim/20"/Exec./Driver Assist. - Delivery: 2012/11/16
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 08:28 PM   #6
mstmng
Major
United Kingdom
13

 
Drives: M5 '12 Silverstone/Black
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: London


Posts: 1,382
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSportDC View Post
No bluetooth... wow. That is just unacceptable and downright confounding.
i would MIGHT understand it, if it would be 3L diesel, but X6M an no bluetooth... in the country where you get POINTS on your license for holding phone in your hand while driving...
__________________
M5 F10 '12 FS/Black, catless resonated RPi GTM
M3 E90 DCT '08 Jerez/Ext Bamboo Beige, E-Race GONE
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 08:28 PM   #7
RPiM5
Brigadier General
85

 
RPiM5's Avatar
 
Drives: Riviera Blue F10 M5(Mika)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C.


Posts: 4,673
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstmng
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
I had a serious gut check today . I stopped by my local dealer today to get some new air filters installed and a free car wash. I was hanging out in the show room and saw this. Good thing for me it was missing Full Merino Leather, Bang & Olufsen, Carbon Ceramic Brakes, and Aluminum Trace trim or else I woulda driven off with it today! Damn you BMW!!! Your ///Marketing Brainwashing was working on me! Grrr!
it was missing quite a few things so BMW is unlucky with marketing for u

i don't understand why dealers don't order FULL options to their showrooms...
my friends bought 2 x6m's this year from same dealership
full options: full leather, cameras, ventilated seats, heated steering wheel, best sound system they offer on x6m, etc etc

on the way home both realised there is NO bluetooth!!! WTF???
95k car DOES NOT HAVE BLUETOOTH AS STANDARD OPTION!!! seriously???
when u press TEL on iDrive, nothing happens... why there is a button which does not do anything... its not 118d, even those cars have bluetooth as standard option these days...

showrooms should order FULL SPEC cars, so people can see every single option and maybe then they decide not to wait for a car, just buy it outright... this marketing does not make sense for me
Agreed!! No Bluetooth?!! I would have made the dealership take the car back! Lol!
__________________
You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 08:29 PM   #8
RPiM5
Brigadier General
85

 
RPiM5's Avatar
 
Drives: Riviera Blue F10 M5(Mika)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C.


Posts: 4,673
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolag
Frozen or MCB?

It's a beautiful car...
It was Monte Carlo Blue.

I've officially decided that the 601M's look better with the MCB than the 343M's. Lol!
__________________
You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 08:36 PM   #9
mstmng
Major
United Kingdom
13

 
Drives: M5 '12 Silverstone/Black
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: London


Posts: 1,382
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
It was Monte Carlo Blue.

I've officially decided that the 601M's look better with the MCB than the 343M's. Lol!
true, but... extra weight and non-forged does not break a deal
__________________
M5 F10 '12 FS/Black, catless resonated RPi GTM
M3 E90 DCT '08 Jerez/Ext Bamboo Beige, E-Race GONE
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #10
mstmng
Major
United Kingdom
13

 
Drives: M5 '12 Silverstone/Black
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: London


Posts: 1,382
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Agreed!! No Bluetooth?!! I would have made the dealership take the car back! Lol!
one of them installed PARROT
looks like a cab driver

bare in mind it is a 4th car in 3rd year he bought from same sales man and he did not notify him...
__________________
M5 F10 '12 FS/Black, catless resonated RPi GTM
M3 E90 DCT '08 Jerez/Ext Bamboo Beige, E-Race GONE
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #11
RPiM5
Brigadier General
85

 
RPiM5's Avatar
 
Drives: Riviera Blue F10 M5(Mika)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C.


Posts: 4,673
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice7
Gorgeous! Is this at BMW Sterling?
Yes. Sterling. . They also had an Alpine White, and a Sakhir Orange M5, all of which we're missing Full Leather. Lame.
__________________
You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 08:38 PM   #12
RPiM5
Brigadier General
85

 
RPiM5's Avatar
 
Drives: Riviera Blue F10 M5(Mika)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C.


Posts: 4,673
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstmng
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
It was Monte Carlo Blue.

I've officially decided that the 601M's look better with the MCB than the 343M's. Lol!
true, but... extra weight and non-forged does not break a deal
I know! Damn those heavier 601M's! Good thing I don't have to make that decision today! Haha!
__________________
You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 08:43 PM   #13
ice7
First Lieutenant
6

 
ice7's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 M5, F13 M6
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NOVA


Posts: 343
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Yes. Sterling. . They also had an Alpine White, and a Sakhir Orange M5, all of which we're missing Full Leather. Lame.
Nice. They had a AW M6GC on that spot about a month ago or so, guess that was sold. Who was your SA at Sterling. My guy I go with is Bijan, he'll take care of you.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 09:21 PM   #14
turbo8765
Lieutenant
5

 
Drives: very fast
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: US


Posts: 555
iTrader: (0)

Trying to sell a 100k+ car by tying a ballon to the side view mirror. Wow.

Glad my local stealership is a bit more sophisticated.

Did they have a wacky waving inflatable arm-flailing tubeman out front?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 09:23 PM   #15
mstmng
Major
United Kingdom
13

 
Drives: M5 '12 Silverstone/Black
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: London


Posts: 1,382
iTrader: (0)

sorry for off-topic, but u take care of your car in proper way, so i wonder how often do you change engine oil and air/engine filters?

have you changed diff oil after break-in?
__________________
M5 F10 '12 FS/Black, catless resonated RPi GTM
M3 E90 DCT '08 Jerez/Ext Bamboo Beige, E-Race GONE
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 09:24 PM   #16
mstmng
Major
United Kingdom
13

 
Drives: M5 '12 Silverstone/Black
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: London


Posts: 1,382
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo8765 View Post
Trying to sell a 100k+ car by tying a ballon to the side view mirror. Wow.

Glad my local stealership is a bit more sophisticated.

Did they have a wacky waving inflatable arm-flailing tubeman out front?
__________________
M5 F10 '12 FS/Black, catless resonated RPi GTM
M3 E90 DCT '08 Jerez/Ext Bamboo Beige, E-Race GONE
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 09:31 PM   #17
RPiM5
Brigadier General
85

 
RPiM5's Avatar
 
Drives: Riviera Blue F10 M5(Mika)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C.


Posts: 4,673
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Yes. Sterling. . They also had an Alpine White, and a Sakhir Orange M5, all of which we're missing Full Leather. Lame.
Nice. They had a AW M6GC on that spot about a month ago or so, guess that was sold. Who was your SA at Sterling. My guy I go with is Bijan, he'll take care of you.
My SA is Ted. Great guy.

I ended up giving 3 of the Salesman a ride today after the air filters were in. I had to test to make sure they worked. Lol!
__________________
You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 09:35 PM   #18
RPiM5
Brigadier General
85

 
RPiM5's Avatar
 
Drives: Riviera Blue F10 M5(Mika)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C.


Posts: 4,673
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstmng
sorry for off-topic, but u take care of your car in proper way, so i wonder how often do you change engine oil and air/engine filters?

have you changed diff oil after break-in?
No, diff fluid and transmission fluid are lifetime fluids. My friend who is a tech, said that lifetime fluids are usually good for 100,000 miles. So if I keep the M5 that long, I'll change my DCT and Diff fluid at 100,000 miles. U.S. Dealerships set oil change intervals to 12,000 miles on M5's now. I do an independent change in between at 6,000 miles. So every other oil change, the dealership does until the maintenance plan runs out.
__________________
You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 09:36 PM   #19
RPiM5
Brigadier General
85

 
RPiM5's Avatar
 
Drives: Riviera Blue F10 M5(Mika)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C.


Posts: 4,673
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo8765
Trying to sell a 100k+ car by tying a ballon to the side view mirror. Wow.

Glad my local stealership is a bit more sophisticated.

Did they have a wacky waving inflatable arm-flailing tubeman out front?
Yeah I know. Plus they had all the cars locked and mirrors folded. I'm sure they would have unlocked them for me but still.
__________________
You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #20
mstmng
Major
United Kingdom
13

 
Drives: M5 '12 Silverstone/Black
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: London


Posts: 1,382
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
No, diff fluid and transmission fluid are lifetime fluids. My friend who is a tech, said that lifetime fluids are usually good for 100,000 miles. So if I keep the M5 that long, I'll change my DCT and Diff fluid at 100,000 miles. U.S. Dealerships set oil change intervals to 12,000 miles on M5's now. I do an independent change in between at 6,000 miles. So every other oil change, the dealership does until the maintenance plan runs out.
thanks
i am trying to convince my guys to change my oil change intervals to 6,000 miles, as it comes with '14 model, hopefully will work

when is RPi gift coming? i want to pull a trigger, but your review should come first
__________________
M5 F10 '12 FS/Black, catless resonated RPi GTM
M3 E90 DCT '08 Jerez/Ext Bamboo Beige, E-Race GONE
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #21
RPiM5
Brigadier General
85

 
RPiM5's Avatar
 
Drives: Riviera Blue F10 M5(Mika)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C.


Posts: 4,673
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstmng
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
No, diff fluid and transmission fluid are lifetime fluids. My friend who is a tech, said that lifetime fluids are usually good for 100,000 miles. So if I keep the M5 that long, I'll change my DCT and Diff fluid at 100,000 miles. U.S. Dealerships set oil change intervals to 12,000 miles on M5's now. I do an independent change in between at 6,000 miles. So every other oil change, the dealership does until the maintenance plan runs out.
thanks
i am trying to convince my guys to change my oil change intervals to 6,000 miles, as it comes with '14 model, hopefully will work

when is RPi gift coming? i want to pull a trigger, but your review should come first
Why whatever are you talking about???

I got them in last week, but haven't had a chance to install them yet. He he! I'll make another thread soon!
Attached Images
 
__________________
You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2013, 12:53 AM   #22
Greer
Private First Class
2

 
Greer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 M5
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles


Posts: 158
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
It was Monte Carlo Blue.

I've officially decided that the 601M's look better with the MCB than the 343M's. Lol!
I also agree, the 601 wheels look better!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 AM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST