BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > M5 Classifieds > Sponsors Classifieds

04-08-2014, 03:27 PM   #1
MORRWheels
United_States

Drives: BMWs

Send a message via AIM to MORRWheels
MORR Wheels | New Website Officially Released

MORR Wheels, founded in 2005, has been serving the industry for nearly a decade, lurking quietly like a silent predator; being known as the industry’s “best kept secret” for a reason.

In 2006 MORR introduced the MonoForged™ VS7 to the market. A 19lb, fully forged, 6061-T6 concave monoblock wheel with a profile that was non-existent nearly a decade ago, and where the mindset was that this profile forging was too heavy and required too much material to be “efficient”. The VS7 was the first ever custom made concave monoblock wheel made in the US, paving a road to the wheel industry as we know it today. Without knowing it, MORR was inadvertently innovating an entire industry - pioneers without credit.

MORR’s goal has always been craftsmanship above all else and has maintained an organic marketing strategy that allowed the focus to be solely on quality, engineering, and craftsmanship, serving a specific clientele that is both knowledgeable and well educated. This clientele seeks an elegant design architecture fused with an inherited motorsports DNA, that drives MORR to make the lightest, strongest forged wheels in the market.

For 2014, MORR is letting the world in on its dirty little secret, introducing one of the most versatile wheel programs with 7 different series and 65 different styles/configurations ranging from the entry-luxury SpunForged™ series to flagship series MultiForged™ Contoured and MonoForged™ Competition.

With this said, MORR is proud to announce the release of its new website all Bimmerpost members. Enjoy.:

Last edited by MORRWheels; 04-08-2014 at 07:00 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 03:28 PM   #2
MORRWheels
United_States

And here is one of our manufacturing videos, of our MultiForged MS51 Concave, at our state-of-the-art facility for your entertainment.

Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 04:56 PM   #3
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander ///
United Kingdom

Drives: 2014 M5 Individual

Congratulations on the website.

Not to question your record of innovation, but I thought concave monoblock design was invented by BMW and first seen on BMW OEM wheels starting in 2004.

2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2014, 07:01 PM   #4
MORRWheels
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Congratulations on the website.

Not to question your record of innovation, but I thought concave monoblock design was invented by BMW and first seen on BMW OEM wheels starting in 2004.
Thank you!

Yes. To clarify, we had the first custom made concave monoblock production in the US.

Last edited by MORRWheels; 04-08-2014 at 07:10 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 06:49 AM   #5
Pertplus
Colonel
United_States

Drives: 2014 991 Turbo S

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
2014 Porsche 991 C2S  [5.00]
Are you guys TUV approved? And, seriously, not being sarcastic, but are your wheels produced at the MHT facility in LA?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 03:03 PM   #6
MORRWheels
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pertplus View Post
Are you guys TUV approved? And, seriously, not being sarcastic, but are your wheels produced at the MHT facility in LA?
We have a few of our products pending TUV approval, but are not TUV approved yet. We engineer under TUV-Specs and our wheels are DOT/SAE J2530 compliant & certified.

To give you a bit of history about our manufacturing/components, our forgings come only from APP & ASA, our inners/outers are sourced exclusively from ARS, we use italian fasteners on all 3PC wheels, we design and engineer in-house at our Miami studio located in Brickell,FL, we subcontract machining at an independent facility (shown above) & MHT, and we assemble, QC, pack and ship in-house at our Anaheim, CA facility.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 03:05 PM   #7
Pertplus
Colonel
United_States

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORRWheels View Post
We have a few of our products pending TUV approval, but are not TUV approved yet. We engineer under TUV-Specs and our wheels are DOT/SAE J2530 compliant & certified.

To give you a bit of history about our manufacturing/components, our forgings come only from APP & ASA, our inners/outers are sourced exclusively from ARS, we use italian fasteners on all 3PC wheels, we design and engineer in-house at our Miami studio located in Brickell,FL, we subcontract machining at an independent facility (shown above) & MHT, and we assemble, QC, pack and ship in-house at our Anaheim, CA facility.
Cool. I am an HRE fan at heart but love some of your designs. So definitely was not hating, and just was curious to know where these came out of. I thought maybe you guys were East Coast.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 03:13 PM   #8
MORRWheels
United_States

Quote:
Cool. I am an HRE fan at heart but love some of your designs. So definitely was not hating, and just was curious to know where these came out of. I thought maybe you guys were East Coast.
Thank you. Very kind of you. I know exactly who you are and I love your loyalty. I think it's pretty cool. We are also BMW & IWC loyalists at heart but sometimes we feel we might be missing out not trying all the other ice cream flavors out there. Whenever you want to try our wheels, we would love to build something for you. I`m sure other members would love to have your feedback on our brand.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 03:19 PM   #9
Pertplus
Colonel
United_States

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORRWheels View Post
Thank you. Very kind of you. I know exactly who you are and I love your loyalty. I think it's pretty cool. We are also BMW & IWC loyalists at heart but sometimes we feel we might be missing out not trying all the other ice cream flavors out there. Whenever you want to try our wheels, we would love to build something for you. I`m sure other members would love to have your feedback on our brand.
Definitely will keep that in mind. Aside from maybe some wait time issues, overall, I have heard very good things about the quality of your wheels. Wait time issues affect lots of companies, good and bad, so that's not reflective of your companies wheels per se. Let me know what you have for 2014 911 C2S. . . .
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 03:35 PM   #10
MORRWheels
United_States

Quote:
Definitely will keep that in mind. Aside from maybe some wait time issues, overall, I have heard very good things about the quality of your wheels. Wait time issues affect lots of companies, good and bad, so that's not reflective of your companies wheels per se. Let me know what you have for 2014 911 C2S. . . .

Manufacturing delays has been one of our major growing pains. We did experienced delays during 2012 and 2013 because of unexpected growth and our inability to handle it. For 2014 we have little by little taken care of the underlying issues and have reduced our lead times to 6-8 weeks and most orders 4-6 weeks. Because of the way we engineer our wheels (VSE/VSO), it takes us about 8 hours per order, or 1 set per day per engineer. We FEA every single order and those simulators unfortunately are very time consuming.

Here is a 911 sporting our MultiForged MS51 Concave. Although on a Porsche, I would prefer our MonoForged VS51 (monoblock version) due to weight.

Appreciate 0