M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-16-2014, 10:24 AM   #1
///SAL
Captain
United_States
23

 
///SAL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ///M5 ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: QUEENS, NY


Posts: 852
iTrader: (0)

24hr COUNT DOWN TO PULL THE TRIGGER update

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
24 hrs and my head is about to explode lol. I came down to conclusion that im getting a m5 waiting for 1 more quote and ill pull the trigger tomorrow noon.

I wanted to ask you guys few questions
1. Whats the charge a month for the radio upgrade and is it worth it?
2. Whats the charge a month for cp package, if i do get it should i get the cp rims or the 343m wheels?

Those 2 options are what really bugs me lol thanks,

Also wanted to say to everyone here thank you for all your help!!! Helping me find the best deals out there thanks guys.

Last edited by ///SAL; 03-17-2014 at 06:36 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 11:25 AM   #2
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
44

 
Drives: 2013 Individual M5
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South FL


Posts: 1,575
iTrader: (0)

B&O - yes if you can tell the difference, most can some can't.
CP - yes on M5
__________________
2013 BMW INDIVIDUAL ///M5 {Frozen Black/Amaro Brown/Amaro Brown Alcantara/White Contrast Stitching/Piano Black Trim}
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 01:09 PM   #3
eleven11
Captain
United_States
50

 
eleven11's Avatar
 
Drives: -F10 M5 ZCP-
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Derby City


Posts: 763
iTrader: (0)

Charge per month depends on how you are purchasing or leasing the vehicle. I lease my M5, so for every $1000 I add, I'm looking at around $12/month. For financing, it will be more. Also, there's a large variation depending on how good of a deal you've made. If option costs are that important, why the rush in placing your order?

Regarding the B & O stereo upgrade, most love it. I love it, but I listen to music often, and critically.

Regarding the ZCP upgrade: There are several posts that give pros and cons about the package. I have it, and am happy I got it. It's probably too expensive for what your get, and its elements probably should have been part of the core vehicle to start. I went with the 601M wheels, instead of the 343M wheels. The 601M look better in person versus pictures. It's a personal choice. The 343M are, ironically, lighter and likely stronger. Both look great.
__________________

2014 M5 ZCP - Current
2011 135i Coupe - Retired
2007 335i Sedan - Retired
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 01:42 PM   #4
///SAL
Captain
United_States
23

 
///SAL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ///M5 ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: QUEENS, NY


Posts: 852
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleven11 View Post
Charge per month depends on how you are purchasing or leasing the vehicle. I lease my M5, so for every $1000 I add, I'm looking at around $12/month. For financing, it will be more. Also, there's a large variation depending on how good of a deal you've made. If option costs are that important, why the rush in placing your order?

Regarding the B & O stereo upgrade, most love it. I love it, but I listen to music often, and critically.

Regarding the ZCP upgrade: There are several posts that give pros and cons about the package. I have it, and am happy I got it. It's probably too expensive for what your get, and its elements probably should have been part of the core vehicle to start. I went with the 601M wheels, instead of the 343M wheels. The 601M look better in person versus pictures. It's a personal choice. The 343M are, ironically, lighter and likely stronger. Both look great.
Thanks for the feedback, yes im leasing so will see
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 02:09 PM   #5
RPiM5
Brigadier General
163

 
RPiM5's Avatar
 
Drives: Riviera Blue F10 M5(Mika)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C.


Posts: 4,670
iTrader: (0)

I'll keep this simple.

- Only get B&O if you ride in your M5 a lot by yourself.

- Only get CP if you are going to track your M5 more than 2 times a year or if you want bragging rights/look of 601M wheels.

That's as simple as I can make it. If you get those things for any other reasons than those, in my experience of owning an F10 M5 for over a year and a half, they are a waste of money.
__________________
You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 02:11 PM   #6
///SAL
Captain
United_States
23

 
///SAL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ///M5 ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: QUEENS, NY


Posts: 852
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5
I'll keep this simple.

- Only get B&O if you ride in your M5 a lot by yourself.

- Only get CP if you are going to track your M5 more than 2 times a year or if you want bragging rights/look of 601M wheels.

That's as simple as I can make it. If you get those things for any other reasons than those, in my experience of owning an F10 M5 for over a year and a half, they are a waste of money.
Haha i like your style lol, thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 03:10 PM   #7
soooma
M5D
United_States
44

 
soooma's Avatar
 
Drives: M5 LCI
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NC


Posts: 1,569
iTrader: (1)

1. B&O Awsome but probably too much for what you really get! Because you have to be an Audiophile to do this! And sadly I am - and they look amazing too -

2. Subjective: I probably like 601 being more unique than 343 but being not forged and pay more for them being about 5 pounds or so heavier each!! No I wouldn't do it... It is like having the car with empty tank when you have 1/2 tank - weight different ... I am exaggerating a bit !! Couldn't justify the ZPC financially and I have to say that so I feel good about myself -; ) LOL
I believe 601 are easier to clean though, as 343 are really hard to clean !!

my 2 cents sir -
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 03:15 PM   #8
Bimmer6
Major
17

 
Bimmer6's Avatar
 
Drives: 991 GT3/F10 M5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ATL


Posts: 1,146
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
I'll keep this simple.

- Only get B&O if you ride in your M5 a lot by yourself.

- Only get CP if you are going to track your M5 more than 2 times a year or if you want bragging rights/look of 601M wheels.

That's as simple as I can make it. If you get those things for any other reasons than those, in my experience of owning an F10 M5 for over a year and a half, they are a waste of money.
Plus one makes a lot of sense. Lot of add on's really go unused. Hell I start it up, and drive the crap out of it. Only options I use is the HUD, and added the 20" wheels done deal.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 03:53 PM   #9
///SAL
Captain
United_States
23

 
///SAL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ///M5 ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: QUEENS, NY


Posts: 852
iTrader: (0)

Thanks, for sure it will be

exec, led, 20s
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 05:22 PM   #10
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander ///
United Kingdom
117

 
stealth.pilot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 M5 Individual
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Buckhead


Posts: 4,830
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FASTX5 View Post
Thanks, for sure it will be

exec, led, 20s
Get Full leather too. It really improves the look, feel and appearance of the cabin.
__________________
2014 BMW ///M5 Individual Frozen Grey, Silverstone Full Merino, Piano Black, Exec Pkg, Drivers assistance plus, LED Pkg, Bang and Olufsen, 20" 343M Forged Alloy Wheels
Countermeasures: Bel StiR+, Laser Interceptor Quad HP, Zaon MRX
Upgrades: Eisenmann Sport with M Performance Carbon tips, Dinan anti-roll bars

2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 05:25 PM   #11
///SAL
Captain
United_States
23

 
///SAL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ///M5 ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: QUEENS, NY


Posts: 852
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FASTX5 View Post
Thanks, for sure it will be

exec, led, 20s
Get Full leather too. It really improves the look, feel and appearance of the cabin.
Everything is possible it all depends on the note!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 05:32 PM   #12
RPiM5
Brigadier General
163

 
RPiM5's Avatar
 
Drives: Riviera Blue F10 M5(Mika)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, D.C.


Posts: 4,670
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FASTX5 View Post
Thanks, for sure it will be

exec, led, 20s
Agreed. If you don't get Full Leather, it'll feel like you bought a 528i sometimes.
__________________
You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 05:37 PM   #13
///SAL
Captain
United_States
23

 
///SAL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ///M5 ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: QUEENS, NY


Posts: 852
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FASTX5 View Post
Thanks, for sure it will be

exec, led, 20s
Agreed. If you don't get Full Leather, it'll feel like you bought a 528i sometimes.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 05:43 PM   #14
NlckyBlack
Captain
Greece
8

 
NlckyBlack's Avatar
 
Drives: Too many cars
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bergen County, NJ


Posts: 604
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Agreed. If you don't get Full Leather, it'll feel like you bought a 528i sometimes.
but not really worth it if your trying to keep options low. There are many more more important options
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 05:49 PM   #15
soooma
M5D
United_States
44

 
soooma's Avatar
 
Drives: M5 LCI
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NC


Posts: 1,569
iTrader: (1)

♤♤♤♤ Stripped M5 ♡♡♡♡
I always cared for options and my Ex-- 550i was probably more loaded than my M5, but now I know why some people don't care about options when choosing their ///M... Gimme M5 stripped of all options and I will be still very happy to drive it, it is all about driving it... I never like in NEVER turned down my radio to listen to my exhauste -; ) except in this car...

My message too you..
Get it base or get it fully loaded you will be really really a satisfied driver either way...

Stripped 9/10 satisfied
1/2 loaded 9.5/10 satisfied
Fully loaded 10/10 satisfied but not financially savvy unless money is not an issue at all then of course get it fully loaded CCB AND Leather too -

Having said that,
HUD is sweet -

Last edited by soooma; 03-16-2014 at 08:01 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2014, 06:20 PM   #16
///SAL
Captain
United_States
23

 
///SAL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ///M5 ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: QUEENS, NY


Posts: 852
iTrader: (0)

Ok guys the search is over.

My2014
Alpine white
Sakhir Orange/Black Extended Merino Leather
Executive Package
Lighting Package
20" M light alloy wheels Style 343M
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner

Finally after years of thinking that i would never afford to get one!

Special thanks to bmw tenafly nj
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 08:50 AM   #17
NickRac
Private First Class
5

 
NickRac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 F82 M4
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Stamford, CT


Posts: 184
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///SAL View Post
Ok guys the search is over.

My2014
Alpine white
Sakhir Orange/Black Extended Merino Leather
Executive Package
Lighting Package
20" M light alloy wheels Style 343M
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner

Finally after years of thinking that i would never afford to get one!

Special thanks to bmw tenafly nj
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 04:07 PM   #18
///SAL
Captain
United_States
23

 
///SAL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ///M5 ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: QUEENS, NY


Posts: 852
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickRac
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///SAL View Post
Ok guys the search is over.

My2014
Alpine white
Sakhir Orange/Black Extended Merino Leather
Executive Package
Lighting Package
20" M light alloy wheels Style 343M
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner

Finally after years of thinking that i would never afford to get one!

Special thanks to bmw tenafly nj
Thanks! Now i feel like a lil kid waiting for santa to come
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 PM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST