Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
I'm not sure that we did.

All of the replays show that Hamilton didn't even look over to his left at all. So I wouldn't call it 'chopping' as he didn't even know Massa was there. He was just taking his normal line to take the right hand corner on.

Regarding Massa, why was he even in that position? There is no way that he was going to take Hamilton on the outside on such a tight corner. And he definitely didn't look like he wanted to avoid an accident. He just put his car 3/4 the length up there on the outside and left it. Hamilton didn't move his steering wheel to block or anything, as he was unknowing to Massa, that was just the trajectory Hamilton had been on while approaching the corner.

Ask yourself this, if it had been Hamilton on the outside making the same move would you still be saying the same thing? (Don't forget Massa's wing hit the back of Hamilton's tire.)

Regarding his comment about vision, with as much turmoil as he has been in this year what else could he say? He isn't going to deliberately start another feud or fight for the media to frenzy over. He is in 'take it on the chin' mode now to finish the year off. But being Hamilton, unfortunately he is damned either way.
Honestly, I would have. I'm not biased against Hamilton, and I'm usually one of the first ones to praise him when he's had a solid race. That being said, I feel that his race-craft has been careless, this incident included.

I probably used the wrong phrasing though - 'chopped' isn't quite accurate since it obviously wasn't intentional. But it was a careless move, just like the one on Kobayashi - he had the inside line, he should have been watching his mirrors.

Massa had every right to challenge for that position (IMO), just as Kobayashi did at Spa. They are racing, they don't have to simply move over for the other guy. That being said, if I were Massa, I would probably just let Hamilton go through. He's quicker, and he's only going to mess up your race at this point in time. Massa is just being a bit too hotheaded and is probably under huge pressure from his team right now.
Appreciate 0