View Single Post
      01-09-2012, 11:34 AM   #126
singularity
Driver
Rep
Drives: M5 (F10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedoniste View Post
I give you my impressions as passenger in this M5 F10. First of all, I have to say that I am not a turbo fan on luxuries sport cars (and on expensive sport cars). I am a true "N/A guy". It was the first time of my life I sit in a BMW M5 so I can't compare it to the E60 or older M5s.

When I saw the M5 I immediately appreciate its design (wolf in sheep suit...) and I liked the combo of colors which is matching perfectly on this type of cars. I am a big fan of the dashboard design. In my opinion the F10 has the best BMW dashboard with the new Z4. I also appreciate the overall build quality and the soft black leather which is close to my 2011 M3.

On the road I immediately fell in love with the chassis which inspired me a lot of confidence and gives you the feedback that you are in a true M car. Chris drove in curvy roads and it was amazing how the big M5 was able to negotiate curves. The handling was absolutely stunning regarding the weight of the car. I can't imagine when the M5 will be on summer PSS tires...
The other point is the comfort of that car. For me in comfort mode the M5 is as comfy as my brother's 2005 645Ci and by the way a lot more comfy than my 2011 ZCP M3. New M seats are in an another level than E9x M3s.

The 4.4 V8 biturbo is torquey and you can feel the the big amount of power. Chris let me drive his 1M during the day and all I can say is that the 1M seemed to have a deficiency of torque in comparison of the M5 F10. So it's the best way to give you my feedback about this new V8TT. I don't know about turbo lag but it seems that Motorsport did a great job on that point (which is fundamental for me). Chris proved us that the car has a nice responsiveness.
I find that the sound of the car is adapted to the M5. Like Chris said, exhausts make a big and funny *PA !* when you stopped accelerating.

Overall I like a lot this new M5. I think it's a dream car if you are doing long trips, on Autobahn and if you want to have a lot of comfort, space and technology. The M5 gives you the confidence which is typic to M cars and has a impressive amount of power.

I thank Chris, Power944, Falcon, Romain and Manu for this nice day.

I appreciate a lot the global enthusiasm of Bimmerpost members too. It's always a big pleasure to "travel" on this forum and to share photos and experiences. 2012 will be high on M emotions !
Thanks for another review as a passenger. I would ask if it pushes the passenger to the seat while accelerating (airplane takeoff effect) compared to M5 (E60) or M6 (E63), but you haven't driven or sat in those cars. Thanks for the review again!
Appreciate 0