View Single Post
      03-22-2012, 06:55 PM   #2
///M5Canuck
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity View Post
Had some spirited driving in the past days with random fellow sports car drivers. I rate my 15 year driving skills as 'average' and don't have any professional track experience, 6/15 years is M cars.

I dont have any videos recorded yet, but here's some info so others know what to expect in a random everyday challenge:

M5 F10 against rivals from my experience. Mostly straight line, 1st gear. Listing "easiest" to "hardest".
Roll: Mercedes Benz CL63 AMG - easily walked away
Roll: Maserati Quattroporte S: easily walked away
Roll: Audi RS5 - easily walked away
Roll: M3 E92 - walked away
Roll: Porsche Cayenne Turbo 2012 - walked away
Roll: X5M - walked away
Roll: M5 E61 - walked away, not easily at all
Standstill: Porsche 911 Carrera 2012 (dont know which one) - walked away
Standstill: Tuned EvoX - was behind until 70 km/h, then flew by him
Roll: Panamera Turbo - Draw. Equal from 30 km/h to about 200 km/h. I don't know if it was a Turbo Kit or if it was tuned, but he stayed with me. We did multiple runs from a roll. Each had 2 passengers. I kept repeating same mistake when shifting to 2nd gear, was switching at red line from M View bar and that was already too late. Traction was an issue, but nothing to complain about. Running from a roll was already to my advantage.
This was the only car I haven't won against so far. I don't know what it was, but I would assume Turbo S (never seen in one myself) would be a big threat.

I know that outcome depends more on the driver than on cars, but this is what I've experienced so far with other interested fellow enthusiasts. Cheers!
This is great, thank you! Also a Turbo S is twice the money; if you can remotely keep within a cars length or two from a standstill, you should feel love for your M5 and they should feel shame...I bet you could keep up from a roll, that AWD system is a big advantage with that much power to the wheels. Also, good on you for actually 'driving' your beast. Cheers.
Appreciate 0