kgroschi
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: 08' M5, '09 335i, '18 M3 MT

Wink Thank you ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity View Post
F10's sound is very bassy, deep and growling and sounds more refined than E60's "wild untamed howl". You may like E60's sound (especially with aftermarket exhausts) but please listen to F10 in person, I've heard so many YouTube videos and none were even close to how F10 sounds in real. YouTube videos make E60's sound better than it is (maybe because it captures high pitch/treble) and F10's sound have no bass whereas there's a lot of deep, soft bass which is very pleasant to ears. Please see the car and decide for yourself, tastes are different

Actually it must be you who has premium speakers to judge a car's sound from YouTube I own them both and heard them when driving myself or from outside. One should really listen to the sound in person and decide for himself Tastes are different, to my taste the bassy masculine sound is very refined, loud, quality and more suitable for this car, albeit less wild. There's nothing to persuade here, feel free to like V10 tastes are different

Thanks for not taking my freedom away

Well in fact I have heard the F10 even with Akrapovic exhaust in Munich before. And not only drive by but rev right next to me and drive back and forth. The sound is so bad that they even had to fake the sound inside the car. I mean seriously, isn't that the proof right there? And if you are looking for good deep muscular sound, you should consider an AMG. CLS63 AMG or maybe an SLS. Those have great V8 sounds. The E63 (BMW F10) engine not so much I think. However I am HAPPY that BMW fires the cylinders in a different order to get that UNIQUE sound out of the V8 so the experts can identify the car by listening to it (just like in the E60 days). BMW is unhappy to have to downsize to V8s and 6cyls for the next M3 but the government just gives them no choice.
I am just glad that Audi still has a V10 and Ferrari will continue with their great V12s.

Still congrats to your car I am jealous I don't have an M car anymore. But I'll have the M5 soon for 2 weeks and see how it works.
Appreciate 0