Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nockenpaul View Post
Well, even if there is no general speed limit on the Autobahn, there is a "adivsory speed limit" of 130 km/h. If you exceed this limit and are involved in an accident, you can have partial liability so that the insurance will refuse to pay 100 %.

http://www.spiegel.de/auto/aktuell/0...748406,00.html

http://horst-schinzel.suite101.de/di...-werden-a48418
^^^ One of the more informative posts right here. 100% agree!

Don't anyone think driving on the German Autobahn is a free for all. There are restrictions on speed and well posted ahead of time. Fatalities are up in Germany right now 10% over the past year and POLICE are very much out in force in unmarked cars. All actions are video taped by the unmarked patrol cars. They will tape your aggressive driving then pull you over and charge you. Charges can include the fee for the drivers licence suspension (if you are not a resident of Germany). You will have to follow the police to the next rest area and there you will find a ATM machine and expect to hand over anywhere from 300 to 1,000 + Euros you better have it in your account or the next stop will be jail.

So anyone doing a EURO Delivery in the near future be on guard, drive within posed speed limits or avoid the Autobahn

I have arranged to translate the above 2 inks from German to English so some of you that are not able to read German can do so in English.

First link from above ---> CLICK TO OPEN

Second link from above ---> CLICK TO OPEN

As I said before (in a privies post I hope everyone recovers fine).

BTW I was born in Germany, I drive in Germany every 2 to 3 years when I visit Family members. So believe me I know what gives

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0