View Single Post
      05-08-2012, 01:04 AM   #232
WCThumper
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4C Vert, 1988 BMW 635csi

what do you expect at 180mph

Legal or not, traveling at that speed is gambling with your life. I have taken a car to 160mph when I was much younger and I would never do it again on a public road. You approach cars and objects in seconds and when you pass a stationary object like a highway sign, it is so far from you once you look back into the mirror. On public roads anything can happen, animals could wander the road, cars cut in, etc but that is a risk you take going so fast. I would never do that speed with my kid or dog in my car. It is irresponsible as an adult and a parent to subject someone to that kind of danger. If your kid was riding in that car with that driver and died I am sure most people would not be blaming the other car. Even though high speeds are legal in Germany, you still need to use some common sense and drive defensively because you cannot control all the other factors around you. I do not feel sorry for this person or his family as they all knew what they were getting themselves into when traveling this fast. I'm just happy they did not injure an innocent person.
Appreciate 0