06-02-2012, 12:13 PM   #43
TexMark
ICH LIEBE BMW!!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Soon a new M5!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepTight View Post
This discussion has taken the same turn that all discussions of M5 competitors take on this board. I know it's an M5 board, but discussions of whether the S6 interior is better and/or whether the S6 is a better bargain are beside the point and everybody here knows it.

We are interested in buying M5s because we want the best, most advanced sports sedan in the world and we are willing to spend essentially whatever it takes to get that. Rather than wasting time taking pot shots at the S6, which I'm sure is a very nice car by the way, why don't we discuss why C&D is the only car magazine not to pick the M5 as a legitimate contender for best car on the planet. Particularly, when they rave about the M6 in the very same issue?

Oh, and for those of you who still read car magazines made out of dead trees, you might want to pick up this month's issue of Motor Trend. They give a rave review of the M5 and also have a half-page blurb on the E63 AMG. Suffice it to say, there's nobody at Motor Trend that would pick the E63 over the M5.

If I had to guess, I'd wager that the particular M5 that C&D reviewed had already been flogged for several months by numerous other journalists who drove the car like it was stolen. Wear and tear and parts drifting out of specification are what explain the brakes, steering and suspension issues C&D flagged.

BMW should invite C&D back for a drive in a different M5.
WELL said!!!!