View Single Post
      06-23-2012, 02:06 AM   #40
visualguy
Captain
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayani_1 View Post
Also, Road and Track must have lost its mind for giving M5 17.9 points in transmission CTS-V full 20. The M5 clearly has superior transmissions choices (DCT & fairly good 6-spd) overall compared to Caddy with its crappy choices (horrible auto & fairly good 6-spd). I think they must have done this to make it look closer then it was. Come on R&T you guys totally messed up on that one.
Yes - I was also surprised by the score of 20 for the CTS-V manual transmission. It's not bad - the clutch is fine and the shifter has a pretty good (if a little balky) feel to it. However, the shift pattern is quite bad because this Tremec tranny has Reverse where 5th is located normally. 3rd and 5th are very close which makes it easy to mis-shift between them, and there is also the issue of trying to push it into Reverse when 5th is intended. Bad egonomics in my opinion. Why they did it this way is totally beyond me - makes no sense to me.

Another problem with the CTS-V is its high fuel consumption coupled with a fuel tank which isn't particularly large. The M5 has a lower fuel consumption and a larger fuel tank, so it gives a much better range resulting in fewer trips to the gas station.

I like the CTS-V overall, but I think the M5 is worth the extra money.
Appreciate 0