View Single Post
      07-09-2012, 07:55 AM   #33
AGS
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by sali View Post
I don't think you can do courtesy deliver easily (without prior approval and paying to a local dealer).
Also, do you work for a dealer or something?
I was thinking of doing ED for M5 next year but not sure I would do that after this. In the past, I dealt with my local dealers for M3 quotes and they were a joke (the BMW NA official showroom at Wall Street was quoting me the US Port of Entry Price as ED price even though I asked him to confirm). Another clown dealer in CT made a wonderful offer of splitting 50/50 ED delivery discount.
At least when you walk in to MB NYC flagship showroom (MB USA spent $220 million on this showroom), they offer you 7% right away for ED without any haggling (for CLS).
No, I don't work for a dealer. I just talk to my CA and sales manager alot (at least weekly) to get information.

The courtesy delivery option is not too painful. I met with my CA last Thursday to sign some paperwork, and coincidentally he told me one of their 2 US delivery M5 allocations is being courtesy delivered to Colorado. The customer had his M5 deposit down for a while, but recently relocated. With the courtesy delivery option, the car will go directly to the local dealer in Colorado (skipping a trip to the selling dealer in NJ). There's a $500 fee that gets paid the the receiving dealer in Colorado to cover their cost to prep and delivery the car to the customer.

Sounds like you've had unfortunate luck with some of the local dealers. It's too bad that these greedy dealers spoil the public's perception of car dealers in general. I can say that I have been very pleased with the service I've received. When I decided to do ED for my M5, I called my dealer and the sales manager and I agreed on a specific dollar mark-up for them to earn over cost. So they worked up the order at ED invoice for the base car, plus invoice on all the options, then added their pre-agreed mark-up. It was a simple and painless process.
Previous: 2019 Donnington Grey M5 Competition, 2016 Silverstone M5 CP, 2013 Monte Carlo Blue M5 CP (ED on 9/1/12), 2009 Carbon Black M5, 2006 Silverstone M5, 2003 Sterling Grey M5, 2000 Anthracite 540i6, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9Ltd, 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, 1978 Mazda RX-7
Appreciate 0