View Single Post
      06-25-2013, 08:19 PM   #6
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

The low power-on volume for the stereo is by design, and I don't know of a way to change it even via coding. The idea is that since there's such a huge variance in volume for different radio stations and even songs within a given station or local music collection, starting at a low volume eliminates the potential of the stereo blaring at you if you start with a high-volume song after having last listened to low-volume material. Also consider that if your last drive consisted of carving canyon roads with the windows down and you set your volume appropriately for that amount of wind and road noise and your overall enthusiasm, when you next get into the car on a peaceful morning while it's stopped in your driveway with the windows up and you're groggy, the stereo's last volume setting could be hugely jarring. A too-low setting is far less irritating and unpleasant than a too-high setting IMHO.

I actually appreciate this feature and actually have my home AV receiver set to do this, which allows me to always start at a volume appropriate for night use in case that's when I want to start watching something.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0