stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybimmerfan View Post
Custom installed Laser Interceptors coupled with the appropriate Radar Detectors are worth it if you are not caught in States that disallow them. It is not worth if you get the experience of somebody I know who got pulled over in his M3 with those custom installed devices which the cops confiscated and mind you, the cops don't care if they inflict damage to part of your car's exterior and some of the interior where the devices were carefully installed to confiscate them. So in the long run he not only paid the fine, the lost of the devices ($2000+) and the damage done to his car's external finish and internal furnishings (which was over $5000 to fix). Personally, I would rather have a windshield detector that just costs $600. This way, in case I do get cited for those devices, it would just be a fine and the confiscation of the device without harm to any part of my M5.
Personally I would not live in a state like that. There are many times a headhunter has called me up, and I've responded that as a car enthusiast I would be unwilling to live in that state.

These are the states BTW
  1. California
    Colorado
    Illinois
    Minnesota
    Nebraska
    Oklahoma
    South Carolina
    Tennessee
    Texas
    Utah
    Virginia