02-24-2014, 03:35 PM   #14
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003 View Post
On a full catless vehicle which Terry's car is now it is very close however . 12.5 to 14 doesn't make any sense without cats . I'm not confused
The dyno runs 100% stock and again tuned without cats when sampled via the same dyno both showed the same AFR curve @ 5000rpm and 5500rpm in post #6. So unless BMW mistuned this one from the factory I think it's within spec. While I can't share their boost/timing/AFR logs I can tell you they are sampling around 1/2pt richer via the OBDII than what the dyno reports.

Your car which you are using as a reference is running a different flash map and thus likely has different air/fuel targets. Between that and sampling via the OBDII differences are expected. The air/fuel ratios will also change based on outside factors like air intake temperature, EGT, gear, baro, etc.

Regardless I noticed in another post you also had a 60-130 time. Plug the file in the vboxtools site and post the run I'd love to see the details for comparison. The M6 is a lighter more aerodynamic ride but it doesn't seem people modify them as aggressively as the heavier M5. A properly setup M6 could probably best this 7.1s time by a few .ths!!

Mike
Appreciate 0