09-11-2014, 10:34 PM   #47
wrsbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ferrari 488 Spider

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMG7 View Post
Difference in HP gains are subtle between Stage I and Stage II. Also with the addition of DP's. Yet you claim a noticeable difference. The purported gains from stock to Stage 1 are close to 90 HP and should be noticeable even at the low-end. Not for me. I went for the big bang-for-the-buck (with stage 1 vs DP's/exhaust tweak alone) B/C of my driving style and intermediate driving acumen. I'll reiterate that I think something's amiss with the software install. We shall see.
Again, thanks for your input.
2 lame pics posted. More to follow.
OK, it could be that it's just not working, that did happen to mine after they made a change to the airbox. Later that got fixed by replacing the DTronics module and the better performance returned. I claimed and documented a difference from stock to Stage 2 and Stage 2 to Stage 2 plus DPs. I posted Vbox numbers for all of it. I think some of them are on another thread. Right here is where I posted the first runs before the airbox got fixed and the car was straight Stage 2. When I ran against boots the DTronics had quit working. They swapped it out after I got the down pipes in and the the vbox results of that are here.

I still need to take it out to the better road that is flat and smooth and 1 mile long. Then I think I will get even better results.

Last edited by wrsbmw; 09-11-2014 at 10:40 PM..
Appreciate 0