View Single Post
      10-10-2014, 04:50 PM   #136
padrino
Alpina!
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003 View Post
The BMS just tricks the ECU into running more boost , when the ECU sees more airflow than expected it increases fueling by adjusting long term fuel trims and depending on conditions and the boost setting retards timing . Depending on air conditions and 93 octane or greater fuel this works pretty well at the base settings . The Dinan unit also tricks the ECU into more boost but it also adjusts in real time fueling and timing . So it IS a more consistent tune and will have better drivability and a better safety profile . I think a Dinan stage 2 will make at least the same power as a BMS on pump gas on < 3.5 psi setting and likely will make more power 6-7krpm where it needs it . I'm going to try the stage 2 on my CP m6 and will give everyone hard numbers between BMS at 3.5 psi and the new Stage 2 Dinan . I decided to switch due to a few issues I had on track with the BMS at higher boost levels .
Thanks for the information, with them both being piggybacks I didn't realize the Dinan did more, similar to perhaps the BMS JB4 tunes...

In any case that definitely helps, I need to think though this for my CP M5..

With respect to the Dinan warranty, can I just roll into my dealer with the tune on, no issues, or do I need to do anything different.. With the BMS I simply take it out..