01-03-2015, 11:00 AM   #12
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Ruby Red II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
lol; I did the same; SO interior first, exterior 2nd - missed the carbon/imola I had on previous M - back then the std E46 M-specific 'titanium' trim was a cheap looking grey plastic (not the best picture, but may just about show how bad it was) - std aluminium trace is a welcome improvement - Audi-like is some respects (in a good way). All but one of my interim BMWs have been blk interior so got bored & had to go red again!

PS, I would be interested on your feedback on Crystal Serum & swirl resistance in a few months time; the finish on your SG is very deep/glossy
I love the look of the red interior, if BMW had done a merino red/orange interior for the F30 I'd have had that last time but sadly it was only the dakota leather

I would have gone carbon had it been a factory option, seems strange it wasn't there as it seems to be for every other M car. Maybe next time

I'm hoping the Crystal Serum holds up as well as expected. I usually take most of the claims with a heavy marketing pinch of salt but I had the C1.5 on the last car and that seemed to last. I only had the car for 50 weeks though so can't really comment on the very long term.

The CS was explained as having a candy like gloss to it. At the time it made no sense to me, it was only after seeing the final version that the penny dropped. I'll try to update when the sun comes out to see if I can see any marks on the paint at all.