View Single Post
      01-15-2015, 10:18 AM   #69
AMS ALPHA
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonMartian777 View Post
Because there are cars with bolt ons on piggy backs with meth running 670-680 whp with 520- 530whp baseline. And also why do we need fail safe ? I know some people are taking it to extreme with 6-7 pounds of boost above, but I've also seen cars with 3.5 psi on meth running 134mph traps. Thanks
If the car is tuned to run on pure Methanol to increase the overall octane of the fuel for detonation suppression and that methanol no longer present the car will detonate...that is never a good thing. It's all in how its tuned and how much they are relying on that methanol.

Do you have a link to these dynocharts for these cars making 670-680whp that baselined 520-530whp? I am genuinely interested. Again comparing dyno charts is maddening as there isnt much point to it...they all read differently especially if in this case it isn't a dynojet.

Raising the boost on this car isn't going to be an option. The turbos are at their safe limit. The only advantage the methanol system would introduce is for intake air temps/cooling. Again expecting huge gains above what we have done on the stock turbos just isn't realistic.

Eric

Last edited by AMS ALPHA; 01-15-2015 at 10:30 AM..
Appreciate 0