View Single Post
      01-18-2016, 04:57 AM   #15
Michael_s
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 991 C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehloo View Post
I was in the same issue when purchasing my 15 x5m but looking at turbo not S. Price point on the S didn't make any sense at all.

I was pretty much set on a lower optioned turbo with a deep discount until I drove the x5m. I was never a fan of the f15 looks and although the f85 looks better there are still angles that don't compliment. Once driven it completely confused my decision. The M felt faster, more nimble, tech was awesome and had every option that I wanted and still overall cheaper than the turbo.

The low optioned turbo was no frills and looked like a S. I would have had to spent several thousands on wheels, body kits etc to make it look they way I wanted. The numbers did not make sense. It was a overall hard decision in the end. Both cars are excellent but it came down to best bang for the buck for me. I hold my cars for a very short term and move on. The M is definitely faster and handles better. That being said this his compared to a turbo. If money was no object it would be a very hard decision with all the bells the turbo S has. But for an extra 50-60k I would dump that I to go fast mods in the M
The turbo s is actually less now. Preowned of course... I'm looking at 14's. The 16's are 160+. Not even remotely in the ball park. There are a few very low mileage 14's and even a few news ones (2014) around.
Appreciate 0