Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinFlavored View Post
How does the RS7 compare to the M5? I feel it would be slightly less sporty due to size.
Sorry just saw this...

I think you are right about the "sporty" feel as the car is heavier and just a bit bigger. But with that being said its still a very confident GT cruiser at higher speeds. Will it out handle the F10? I doubt it but the grip from the AWD makes it a more usable daily driver and freeway ripper than my M5 was. I love the zero wheelspin at almost every instance (just a hint at times because of the tune and increase in tq). I like this model so much more than my last one (14) because the steering feels more connected with less understeer also. The car also is not short of exhaust sound and bark which means so much to me as I pull thru the gears. I have no regrets getting this and dumping the M5 recently.
Yeah it does not out handle F10 M5, Sport Auto has tested the RS7 Performance and the lap time didn't improve from the non-performance version, still nose heavy.

But I have always maintained Audi must have a different philosophy when it comes to vehicle design, they have to know the criticisms and yet they repeatedly design nose heavy cars.

RS7 performance is a straight line bullet though.
Appreciate 0