Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by onsafari View Post
Yes I am as I feel that when people start to spend a 100k on a car they want performance as well as luxury which the Lexus brand so far has not combined. We traded in our 2015 IS 350 F Sport for our new M240 and have zero regrets. Far more power and while it may not seem as luxurious as the IS was it's really not that much different once you own them both, although we do miss the ventilated seats.

I think the LC is am amazing looking car but for the price we will not own one based on our previous Lexus ownership and it's lack of performance.

I've spent time behind the wheel of LC a few times, have you?
No I do not own LC, so I haven't spent any time behind wheel of LC unless you meant test driving it. But from test driving it, I thought LC was nicer to drive than my 650Xi GC which is more expensive BTW, and fit and finish/luxury/presence was far superior in LC. I mean 650GC is a nice car, but there isn't sense of exclusivity nor it feels fast enough to brag about performance, and finish is just sub par. Hence the reason why its resale value is terrible.

I believe Lexus isn't marketing this car toward 911 crowd or "performance" people and importantly, $100k tag doesn't mean you need a performance car. There are cars about there at this price range marketed as "luxury coupe/GT" such as S Class coupe ($122K+) and 6 coupe/GC, ($93k+) and Lexus trying to share the market with them. And I think they did a good job at it. It goes faster than above two, cheaper than them, looks special and reliability is given. Market is so diversified these days, so you shouldn't judge solely based on performance, level of luxury to justify their price.
Appreciate 1
TXSTYLE14596.00