View Single Post
      02-20-2018, 04:12 PM   #14
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazosnic View Post
What was the asking price? Curious how much dealers are taking off as I am starting to seriously look at picking up a 13 or 14 m5 myself.
in his particular situation, he definitely should have skipped the '14 due to the accident history.

IMO, you should hold out for the '14. My reasons:

1. The updated steering wheel itself is so pretty, that alone is almost worth it. I mean after all, you stare at the wheel 100% of the time you're driving.

2. hold out for a ZCP car. I know, the performance difference is minimal, but the steering and suspension changes are substantial enough for the car to feel different. Plus, from the M3 experience (I came from a E90 M3), the ZCP will be easier to sell and will hold better value.

3. LCI headlights will be hard and expensive to retrofit. I don't recall if it is 2014 with the new headlights, but if it is, while theoretically it can be retrofitted, the cost and effort is IMO too high. Based on my initial research, the housing alone will in the thousands, and then there's coding. The reasons you're buying preowned early model is bc you're cost conscience, why would you throw thousands into the headlight mod?

Again coming for the E9X M3, I had 2008, pre-LCI, while I wanted to update my taillights for the car, I just couldn't stomach the $600 or so for the lights and the coding and for the E9X, I actually had to find a LCI trunk to fit it all and paint it. All in all, I would have spend a good $1500 or so when its' all said and done, a very similar cost for the M5 conversion.