View Single Post
      10-24-2018, 09:20 AM   #26
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
Not sure what you are on about with this post, but that is racist as hell, man. I am in South Africa a lot, and I am white, and I don't feel less safe if in Parkhurst than if I am Sandton and don't feel less safe in Pinetown than Umhlanga.
It's not intentionally racist (don't start that shit as it's the weakest argument), it's just about what appears well known and confirmed by South Africans on a neighbour forum and shown in TV touristic guides and mentioned on touristic sites(?) South Africa is not a safe country. It's like there are safer districts even in the same city and less safe districts you'd better keep away from. And it appears important to mind. It's not my guess but just what they state "non-white" public is highly criminal there and especially offensive towards white. FWIW. Those designations you mention say nothing to me but I see your point you can go anywhere in SA without much concern. Thank you for your opinion, but I would still doubt as it's contrary to many others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
Mauritius is quite safe, hence my previous post. Not sure what you mean here about that.
I meant it was like quite obvious a luxury resort was safe. Monaco is safe too they say - likely safer than Portugal but that doesn't make Portugal an unsafe country at once. Places where people spend much money must be protected, it's pretty pointless otherwise.

Last edited by No one; 10-24-2018 at 09:31 AM.. Reason: Added some proof link.
Appreciate 0