View Single Post
      10-30-2019, 09:37 AM   #1
Montego335i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M5

Extended Maintenance Plan?

Hi,

In September I bought a 2016 M5 non-comp 6-speed CPO and the complimentary service is no longer transferred to the new owner. At the time, the dealer said it would cost $700 to transfer it to me. I declined. The car has about 17,000 miles on it. It's going to be my daily driver and I do about 8,000 - 9,000 per year. I have a lead foot but otherwise the car will never see a track.

Today, I dropped off my car at my local dealer for a few minor issues. My SA is recommending I get the maintenance plan transferred and upgraded to a longer plan. He said that the next service in April will cost around $600! For what an oil change? Prior to the M5, I've owned a 640 and 335 (manual) so I don't have experience with an M car. I used to either do the work myself (oil change, brake pads, and other easy stuff) or have an independent do the service. Anyone have experience with the extended maintenance plan with these M cars? Is it worth the money? I'm assuming it's not but I know some parts such as rotors and clutch kit are expensive but how often are those parts getting replaced in these cars? BTW, regarding the 335i I had it for about 10 years and never needed a clutch. I plan on keeping this car a long time as this will probably be the last manual I will ever get to own.

Thanks for your feedback!
Appreciate 0