Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhidium View Post
Took some time to look up what I have..

I have the older version of this:
Gun Vault MVB500

It has worked for many years and can open on first or second try about 95% of the time. I think I put in as 6 recording of my fingerprint to ensue it would recognize it.

Modern ones that look pretty cool:
Vaultek Slider

My friend just bought one of these.. He brought it over when he came over to pick up his handgun (I'm a FFL). It was more hefty that I expected.
Vaultek Pistol Safe

Right now I believe Vaultek is more cutting edge than GunVault but GunVault is typically cheaper than Vaultek. Reason being is that Vaultek is very exclusive on who they want as a dealer (ie They won't let me be a dealer for them). Vaultek offers things like biometric, button, and tracking to determine if someone moved your gun safe.

My friend said he bought his from a company in Texas called Armadillo Safe. I have no relation to them, nor have I bought from them before. He told me he did get his safe from there within a week, with a 5% discount for first time buyers.
Wow thanks for the info, that’s a good idea you had though of doing your print with wet hands etc. vaultek seems to be mentioned a lot but all the “tech” is why I hesitate. Have you had problems with the gunvault accepting your print or code but not unlocking? I read a few review where over time that’s happened
Appreciate 0