View Single Post
      06-28-2020, 05:23 PM   #12
1320racer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F10 M5

Here’s how things turned out, Stock vs. Stage 1 (+116 HP AND +142 FT-LBS )

All dyno pulls were in fourth gear so the RPM redline and power are reached prior to reaching the stock maximum speed limiter. Because of this, all measurements are apples to apples but will be a bit low. Fifth gear is 1:1, but again the vehicle would not achieve full power because the car would never reach maximum RPM redline while running in DINAN Bypass Mode, DINAN Stages 1 & 2, and Stock.
  • View videos in HD (1080p) to see chart values and I apologize for my horrible video skills
  • Here's a video of the vehicle being loaded on the Dynocom Dyno (video)

DINAN Harness
Bypass Mode* 447 HP 372 FT-LBS
Bypass Mode Not Run
DINAN Stage 1 477 HP 401 FT-LBS video
DINAN Stage 1 477 HP 387 FT-LBS video
DINAN Stage 2 480 HP 389 FT-LBS video
DINAN Stage 2 482 HP 391 FT-LBS video

DINAN Harness Removed
Stock Tune* 499 468 FT-LBS
Stock Tune* 512 HP 465 FT-LBS video
Stock Tune* 505 HP 451 FT-LBS

TuningTech Stage 1 629 HP 615 FT-LBS
TuningTech Stage 1 613 HP 590 FT-LBS video

STOCK vs. STAGE 1 ADDED AN AVERAGE OF 116 HP and 142 FT-LBS. The two last two pulls with the Tuning Tech FS Stage 1 tune were run immediately back-to-back to make sure the tune safely dialed-back power keeping safe the stock clutches, turbos and catalytic converters.

*The deltas of these numbers are eye opening to say the least. I expected the DINAN Bypass Mode would be equal to the Stock Tune. Frank Smith knows Steve Dinan and respects his work and products. He said very few of his products have this type of an outcome and that most are GREAT! Essentially, certain products (not just DINAN) do not mesh well with certain BMW DMEs due to speed of the master (US passenger side) and slave (US driver side) DMEs. Frank has seen this issue before and that's why he suggested we do the extra pulls with the harness removed and running the stock tune before loading his tune. He is honest and does not want to falsely indicate a huge delta from the DINAN Bypass Mode vs. his Stage 1 tune. He wants to show a true Stock Tune vs. Tuning Tech Stage 1 tune. I give Frank a lot of credit for doing this in an industry that is not always honest and forthcoming.

Last edited by 1320racer; 12-16-2021 at 03:17 AM.. Reason: Added videos, added more details
Appreciate 0