10-14-2020, 08:56 AM   #93
SCD-1983
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 Frozen Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3ch View Post
I called a few locksmiths locally and once they heard it was a BMW, one place said they don't do BMW's and rhe other place said they only program keys they can source.

If you could spell out (or your key guy) the process so they understand what needs to be done it might help us finding someone locally. I just asked if they could program an aftermarket key. Maybe that was too simple a question to ask.
Remote programming is not possible, since the original key and CAS4 is needed for the pairing process. My locksmith won't reveal the process, since he makes most of his money with key programming. But he normally only offers self sourced keys and still programmed my display key!
I gave him one original key and the CAS4, he returned a functioning display key, same configuration as my original key, the saved profile was taken over and therefore a full copy of my original key!

Please tell your locksmith to treat this key like any other aftermarket key, it can be programmed like any other key. My locksmith was skeptical at first and then he was totally surprised how easy the pairing process went!
Appreciate 0