M5_Raz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgGinja View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_Raz View Post
Very unfortunate. A reputable company would've had a new set on the way a long time ago. It's not worth it for both the customer's headache nor the company's reputation.

Now if the second set had issues too, then who knows, it might be the installers fault. But you're not even there yet.

I do recommend finding a different shop that can handle everything from A to Z. They buy the clutches, they install, they guarantee it. Too much of a hassle trying to deal with two companies each blaming the other. I learned that lesson the hard way as well.
The shop I use is very reputable and has done quite a few DCT clutches from E90 M3's to f80/f82's and Porsche PDK's with no issues. The last visit where we removed the clutches to verify everything he covered at no cost EVEN after we found absolutely no issue with his install. This 3rd time is all me due to the clutch and that has me thinking if I should just take the loss put in a new deka clutch and hope i don't have to pull the trans a 4th and 5th time lol.
Yep, even more of a reason why SSP should've sent new clutches and asked for the broken ones back.

I was saying that you shouldn't/wouldn't have had to deal with SSP at all if the shop ordered the clutches themselves. In that case, you'd only deal with the shop. If it breaks, you go back to them to fix it and they deal with the headache.
Appreciate 0