View Single Post
      10-31-2021, 01:33 PM   #33
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Oh man, I am truly sorry to hear this but it does get better.

Have an engine delivered from @rkautowerks if they approve the engine swap. There is very little that can be done in regards to cylinder repair and if it locked it might have bent a rod. RK is an Automotive OEM turned privateer builder of stock and forged BMW Mx engines like the S63tu.

His shop uses some of the most modern tools available, laser scanning, 4 axis cnc, to make aftermarket parts and in regards to the aftermarket parts they buy for rebuilding and selling long block they thoroughly qualify them all. They also drive what they build aka eat their own dog food/drink their own champagne.

Add to that his team has never once left me hanging even with smallest of questions, that said I also try not to be a pest to him or them but they are absolutely the most customer service-centric people I have dealt.

More importantly the advice I gave myself when this happened to me was take your time. I knew little of the S63tu but had been a longtime owner of an N63 and read plenty on the S85 which was what I was looking to collect when I bought my M6 GC. As much as it pained me to see it sit in the garage with a dead engine it wasn't getting any worse and that allowed me the time to fully consider all my options. In the end the wait was well worth it. Adding ya to my prayers for the speedy and positive resolution to your woes.

Best regards.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 1
1320racer157.50