View Single Post
      11-20-2021, 05:26 AM   #39
1320racer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F10 M5

Positive news regarding claim

I am not trying to speak in a derogatory way regarding my warranty company with this post. I just want others to be as informed as possible if they find themselves in a similar situation.

Late yesterday, I received a call from the owner of Prestige Automotive and the decision from my warranty company is they will cover the cost of rebuilding the engine, excluding gaskets and fluids.

Regarding warranty claims, after dealing with three BMW dealers and two independent shops with this vehicle, I have determined that Concord consistently does NOT initially cover customer claims!

What I’ve noticed—All submitted claims must be worded VERY precisely and in accordance with the warranty policy. My warranty co has gone so far as calling the BMW dealership in Virginia Beach dishonest and untrustworthy. This was done by Concord due to some of the language used within a different claim — and everything went down hill after that. The dealership was truly being honest but their wording could’ve been more precise and the pictures provided could have been described more clearly. My current shop resubmitted that same declined claim for me with very clear and very concise dialogue and great pictures. After numerous emails and phone calls, then the claim was accepted by Concord.

Clear documentation, relevant pictures, past parts, and past maintenance records make it much more difficult for viable claims to be denied. If there are any ambiguities in the statements or documents, then they WILL NOT cover the claim, even if it should be covered.

I am very lucky to have come across a shop that has years of successfully dealing with warranty companies and their claim departments. Clarity, honesty, and persistence are what are needed. I am very happy at this point and it will likely take 5+ weeks since my shop is closed all next week for Thanksgiving, but I hope to be on the road with my M5 soon.

Thanks again for everyone's positivity and have a wonderful weekend

Past: 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2014 BMW 550i MSport, 2005 Jaguar S-Type R, 2000 BMW 540i, 1997 BMW 540i, 1997 WS6 Pontiac Firebird, 1992 Eagle Talon TSI

Last edited by 1320racer; 08-05-2022 at 05:29 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 2