View Single Post
      12-09-2021, 03:43 PM   #515
IndyMike
Captain
Rep
Drives: 11 VO 1 M/22 G42 Thundernight

2022 M240i

I was one of the first ones to grab for the pitch fork and torch the design initially, but after seeing it in real life it's a lot better in my opinion than appears using on-line media.

The power dome visuals must work, because it really doesn't seem all that big nor heavy in real life.

Since my daily MK V R32 is getting a bit long in the tooth at 14 years and 122,000 miles it's time to soon part ways, so the M240i is on a very, very short list of contenders.

I'd prefer the RWD variant since it would be less expensive and lighter, but I'm afraid that won't come until '23 when the video gameboard dash is going to be foisted on the public.

What remains is a test drive to see if I can live with an electric steering rack. Everybody says they are improving with each iteration, but nobody has stated they are at the same level of involvement and connection as the hydraulic units.

As far as the G87 goes, I like the idea of getting one of the last real ICE cars, especially in an Individual color like Le Mans blue, but in reality, it just doesn't fit in my portfolio unless something were to happen to the 1 M.

I’m allowed only one queen in my personal life and in the garage, so until BMW releases another model that is as small, light, raw, analog and viscerally appealing I am afraid I will have to live vicariously through you good folks on the M2 board.

Throttle House did a comparo between an OG M2 and new M240i xdrive, which I personally didn't really get a whole lot out of since the ambient temperature at the time wasn't conducive to a fair test.

But it at least gives a glimpse how stout the G87 will be performance wise.

And once the RWD M240i is released and both it and the M2 are available, we can begin those 'The M2 is not worth the premium over the M240i' narratives that are bound to be forth coming.

The next 12 - 15 months are going to be entertaining around here.

"Before You, Lord, We Bow" - Francis Scott Key
Appreciate 1