06-08-2022, 03:36 PM   #22
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi R8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
Maybe residential and light commercial, but every single big commercial and industrial contractor I know is dealing with this. If youre only dealing with common building materials, maybe its not as bad as there is still a decent supply, but prices have gone through the roof.

This unfortunately is the new normal for the foreseeable future. High prices, low supply, extremely long lead times. Almost makes me want to get out of construction. Starts to wear you down when you only get bad news every day.
I fabricate and erect high-rise structural steel frames in Manhattan/Queens/Bronx for residential and commercial. Yes, prices are insane but none of my projects have stopped since 2019. Never got a single day off during the lockdowns. Some lead times are a bit longer but nothing like what the consumer is experiencing. We did not have the luxury of putting anything on hold. All plank/concrete/masonry/etc showed up per schedule. Owners had to pay out escalation even if contracts had no escalation clauses but everything had to keep moving.
Appreciate 2
chris7197393.50
M5Rick61832.50