06-13-2022, 12:27 PM   #31
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilberjj View Post
This thread is devolving into a shit on electric vehicles rant and it baffles me. Have you all driven an electric vehicle? They're superior is most conditions. Where do you think fuel prices are going?
What's going to happen to ICE's? I definitely see them continuing to lose market share to electric vehicles. But there's still a need for ICE vehicles. If you drive long distances or tow, there still no electric replacement. However, for a commuter, you're doing yourself a huge disservice by not at least test driving an electric vehicle. They're quiet, powerful and they're a fraction of the price to operate.
I don't think v8 vehicles are going to go up in value. This isn't the equivalent of a mechanical watch. This is like hanging onto a steam tractor long after the market switched to diesel. NOTE: This doesn't apply to the collector market. There will always be us gearheads who want to hear the roar of the s65. But for everyday vehicles (non commercial), the v8 will soon be dead... Not because of emissions. They're just inferior to the new electric vehicles.
We’re all gear heads so by nature we’re supposed to hate ev lol.

I have a model 3 and let me say, this is probably one of the best car purchases I made. The convenience of never doing any maintenance besides brakes and tires (which I won’t do since I leased it), never having to go to the gas station, the instant torque, the quiet ride (interior quality not bad at all aside from a couple of interior panel taps), the loads of tech, the futuristic styling, and the community of owning such a car just makes things so nice for a change. I’ve gotten so many thumbs up in the first couple of days of having the car vs any type of thumbs up or neck breaks my m3c has gotten in 6 months.

I can never go back to an ICE daily driver. Never never.

Ev definitely has its place and if it fits your lifestyle you won’t go back.
Appreciate 0