View Single Post
      06-13-2022, 02:02 PM   #33
neilum
Captain
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3

There's usually negativity or confusion (usually the case with EV's in general) and in this thread and a silly comment around an EV losing 35% of its battery life after a 5-7 years and newer EV will have much faster charging? It doesn't at all work like that, maybe after 200,000 miles you would lose 10%. Tesla's charge to 80% in 20 minutes as well so there's usually a lot of misunderstanding with this stuff...

Having a new Y for a year it is painfully obvious for most situations the EV is way superior but I think special ICE cars will be valuable luxury goods in the future.

Hence I would agree with the OP, as EV adoption goes up and people realize ICE cars are inferior, you risk holding the bag unless its a sporty/fast/weekend type of V8 enthusiast car. The torque, power, tech and ease of use of the Tesla makes most ICE cars I drive feel well past their time. I own an just bought an 6mt E92 because I feel it will be in the "correct" category in time as a vintage N/A V8 but I have no delusion to think it's not inferior unless you're a car enthusiast who wants the sound and feel of a V8..

Right now we are in a time where for many reasons people just haven't experienced an EV and don't realize how much better it can be. I wouldn't want to get caught owning a gas car when the tides shift because it will...

In fact I just sold an interior to my car and the transporter driver picking it all up in my driveway two minutes ago was just outside asking a lot of questions about the model Y. "but its not powerful right?" "I don't trust the tech", "I dont want to wait an hour to charge"

It's very fast (the base model) there is nothing to distrust (its just a car), its 20 min to charge to from 10ish% to 80%.

I showed him the M3 is the garage and he straight up didn't believe me that the Tesla would easily beat it in a straight line to 80.

Last edited by neilum; 06-13-2022 at 02:15 PM..
Appreciate 0