Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcF10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
Finally installed the Mishimoto The car took 10 qts of oil and two bottles of mos2 liquimoly on the refill. No issues with pressure or measurement.
10 quarts equals 11.3 litres + 0.6 ml of mos!
This totals as almost 12 litres of oil!! The OEM oil refill is 8.5 litres.
This is a huge difference brother. Are you sure it's right? 3.5 litres extra??
Did a 150 mile road trip yesterday after heat cycling the car a few times which after each short cycle we rechecked the fill and checked for codes. I did 75 miles of spirited back roads driving, stopped and rechecked fill and codes. Had lunch to let it cool and returned home in the same fashion.

When filling the oil initially we filled to 9 qts warmed the car and drive moderately for about 3 miles. At that stop we let the car idle and checked the oil fill. It was at that point that it registered at/below the min line.

We used individual 1qt bottles for the fill so each bottle had some residual oil in the container after the pour. It could also be that a 1qt bottle or two was a little light on the liquid.

I will say the oil temps have been consistently lower but I am also mindful that daily temps here in central/ southwest Florida are about 8 degrees cooler. That said these hot v engines a very capable of making high temps.

My math for qts to liters has me at approximately 9.5 liters with 10 1 qt bottles then add the 600 ml of mos2.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 2
Flo1989343.50
SCD-1983582.50