03-18-2024, 08:29 AM   #30
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruella_M5 View Post
I plan on doing my rod bearings myself, been dealing with bmw’s for about 12 years, first time doing a job dealing with the internals of the engine. I’m mechanically inclined, how ever my question is will i have to remove the oil pump to access the bottom end to remove the bearings, if so what replacement hardware will i need to complete this job. Also if anyone have a complete list of replacement bolts for the oil pan, that would help me out tremendously, i also plan on making a post and uploading pics of the job.

Hit up the folks at 5150autsport as they can help you with rebuild parts etc. If you can afford the time and expense either rebuild your oil pump or just buy a new one. Check out this fellow Floridan's recent work on his M5's ro bearings. He had some other stuff he did along the way. He is a good presenter but the content should not be used as a how to. https://www.youtube.com/@Yes_Way_Jose/videos
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 1
M5Rick61869.00