05-01-2024, 09:17 AM   #80
mirob
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotthilly View Post
BMW got worse relative to competitors. Wether that means competitors got better, or BMW didn’t put in as much effort doesn’t really matter
Of course it matters. It makes a huge difference. There is a limit of what manufacturers can do with regulations (and still make money). That's why there is an even playing field when it comes to the sports sedan today. They all make similar power, have similar weight, and have comparable driving dynamics. They're not building 3000 lb. sport sedans because they can't (regulations) - not because they don't want to.

Quote:
Delusional about what? C&D themselves has posted comparisons saying “we’re pretty sure the previous generation (E90) would beat the F30 handily, too”. That gets rid of the 3 series, and I don’t know anyone that would take a 5 or 7 over the E90. And again, a 3 series hasn’t seen 10 best since.
You're putting too much faith into what C&D says. They're humans with flaws just like you and I. Besides, the i4 was on 10 Best in 2023 and the 3er doesn't end with the F-chasis. Your 5er & 7er series point seems highly anecdotal. Anyone who needs more room would absolutely take the larger car.

Quote:
I also have extensive time in a 2017 m240i and find it nowhere near as satisfying as my E8/9x, a point that’s been backed up by many others in the thread.
I believe it. Wife had an E90 335i and the speed it produced, compared to my E46 M3 I still had at the time, was eye opening. The N54 was an UNIT. But is it fair to make a general statement like the one below?

Quote:
I would also take my e90 335 over any bmw made since except a f8x.

Last edited by mirob; 05-01-2024 at 09:25 AM..
Appreciate 0