TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
If I was Newey, I’d say I’ll come along as you get a great driver in Max and dump ham. That would be a great twist since I don’t think Ham has the talent to win in a hard to drive Newey designed car.
Max and Newey are one of the best combos we’ve seen in the sport and would be nice to see them do it again with another team. I don’t believe Newey can just turn around a team in a year - it did take him many years at RB to get them there and would likely not change now. I also don’t believe it is a single man who makes or breaks but the entire team and RB had about 20 years of his influence on their team.
Which is why the timing of this is perfect for things to start off correctly. Yes, it would be a bit more difficult if anyone came in mid way through a set of regulations expecting to suddenly turn around a team. But you get them at the start of a new set of regulations, you won’t necessarily get or be ahead, but you definitely wouldn’t be starting from back.

As far as building super teams in sports go, this is F1’s version if in 2026, you have a LEC, HAM pairing driving a Newey designed F1 car while still in the ground effects+ era. Perhaps it’s Ferrari’s time to finally be back in the F1 spotlight as winners.
Appreciate 0