04-21-2015, 04:30 PM   #75
JoM3z
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 CP XDrive G82 M4 - SSG

Garage List
*Pounding my head*

Here's a quick history, I purchased the car last year. I was noise free for a couple of months, then during my third or fourth month of owning the M5, I started noticing this annoying break squeal. I took it in for service and I was told that it is within its operational standard to expect some noise. They cleaned the break pads and sent me home. Months went on, I got pretty annoyed and to say the least embarrassed by the noise. I decided to take my car back in and this time around I was told that they performed some fix that may help with the noise. I was pretty excited, but after a day or two, the break squeal is back. I learned to live with it, my wife though was still annoyed that a $100k car squeals like some dingy beater.

Fast Forward, a couple of weeks ago I saw this thread. I have to say I was pretty excited to hear BMW finally released a SIB for a known and well documented issue. I scheduled my car and it went in last week, to my discuss my SA told me that the technician informed him that they had already performed this SIB or fix during the last time the car went in for the break squeal. WTF! The last time it was back in BMW for the break squeal was 5 to 6 months ago. I'm either late to the party or I call BS.

I see a handful of guys here had success with the SIB, can anyone shed some light on what was done to the car? Just wanted to have a baseline so I can have another conversation with my SA.
Appreciate 0