View Single Post
      08-05-2020, 10:45 PM   #3
lior
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 grand coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfzilla View Post
Welcome to the board (I'm a fairly new owner still myself). The unstable idle and non linear acceleration could be bad plugs. i had a similar issue with my evo and found out plug 3 was fouled out. It made the car act crazy on acceleration and on cold starts/idle.

As for the trans.....I find that if you are decelerating and you gear down manually (coming to a stop light) and then try to accelerate quickly without changing gears (light turns green on you and you wernt anticipating it) it will cause my passengers head to hit the head rest violently if they arent ready for it. This only seems to happen when the trans is in the slowest mode (efficient), does this happen in all modes (sport and sport+ as well)?
i thought about plugs myself but i wanted to get other opinions on the matter.
since there is no bmw center in this country i need to order all the parts myself, Any idea what king of spark plugs i should put? i literally have no idea.

About the gearbox, I know what you mean but this is not what i meant. what you are talking about is completely normal. i was referring to the gearbox slamming the gear into drive and you can feel it shifting rough [there is also a small thump like sound but its really not that bad ].
Appreciate 0