01-19-2020, 09:43 AM   #600
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky dj View Post
Absolutely spot on, that's exactly what I'm saying on everything, and yes I meant chassis reference code.

Yes, the ///M variants will have the highest ceiling, no one here even the MP owners ever questioned that. However, there were some M guys in the thread stating "bespoke" and essence without producing the engineering facts & numbers.

Real M guys, the ones who mod their F80's and F10's know what's up and praise the B58 as an engineering achievement. You go to any prominent tuner from VF Engineering to SSR Performance to Gintani they drool to get to work on the M340i/Supra because they know the engineering characteristics inside/out, just as they do Lamborghini's and McClarens on the daily.

The article premise is are the MP's worthy of the M performance badge? ///M fanboys balk and say no without producing the engineering specifications. From driving experience and engineering numbers I'd personally say, more importantly BMW says, yes.
I just tell those nay-sayers to come to the track and show me that the M-lite doesn't live up to the badge

fwiw - I've debadged my m235i and removed the MP decals it came with standard as a 1/50 MP edition car. I don't care about the badge, I care about the 6MT/LSD, F22 50/50 balanced chassis (mirror to E46 M3 size) and smooth N55 power delivery.
nicky dj344.50