View Single Post
      12-12-2018, 11:38 AM   #60
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfzilla View Post
My experience with American dealershops (misspelled on purpose) is there are incentives to keep cars coming in....most dealerships here (not sure how it is in Europe) live and die by their service center. Warranty pays less but its still work and once you have someones car in the shop you can upsell them (Hey I noticed "insert random service or part here" needs to be performed or replaced, we can do that now and get it out of the way).

Also as the cars get cheaper (lets be honest the amount they sell for brand new vs how much they are 5 years later is crazy depreciation) people who may not be as meticulous about maintenance get their hands on them.

And finally some people just SUCK at maintenance.

I've heard the horror stories about BMW ownership and I can honestly say from my own personal experience its been no different then owning a Honda or Mitsubishi so far (minus some random electrical components that need to be replaced, walnut blasting service, etc).
We have lease and (what was called in the old days) hire purchase vehicles to thank for the ridiculous depreciation in the first 4 years. If everyone paid for their cars in full themselves without finance and loans then depreciation would just be just a trickle.But then again we that buy these fine cars four years or after wouldn't have them for the tempting price now.
Appreciate 0