03-19-2015, 04:23 AM   #125
Aashenfox
Captain
Greece
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335xi 6AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouAreMyWorld View Post
Lmao are you being serious? A scuffle ensued over what meal was offered on the set?

My view on the situation, albeit I'm of the mindset to bring back Clarkson as I very much enjoy both his antics and Top Gear, is swayed every which direction from reading everyone's opinion, lmao.

What exactly is the truth? Initially he was said to have punched someone, then it was merely a shove or push, now (even if you're sarcastic) it's over the dinner menu?
EDIT: Sources are now saying it was definitely a punch and Tymon got a cut lip.

There was a time, when people automatically respected each other...you know why? Because of fear of retribution/personal combat for being disrespectful. Say what you like about the wild west, but people respected each other, as the price for not doing so could be high. One could easily argue that regular, balanced people were in fact 'more' civilized back then, at least toward each other.

Remove that fear of retribution and people will behave like assholes (just look at how people behave on the internet safe behind their monitors, or in their cars, safe behind locked doors) because they can get away with it. Now I'm not saying that cold food is necessarily a reason to split someone's lip. As I have said all along, there is surely more to this (what was said?), but really, at the end of the day, what is a cut lip? It'll heal in a week...people are such pussies these days. If you piss someone off, you should be prepared to get a smack for your trouble, and/or defend your position. Political correctness gone mad. We can all take a leaf out of Buzz Aldrin's book for a better future. Sometimes, you just have to smack a twat in his face, to not do so would be to invite the same behavior again. It's funny, we run our countries based on this precept, but when it comes down to an individual with no real power, its a crime...double standards up the wazoo.

Last edited by Aashenfox; 03-19-2015 at 05:26 AM..
Appreciate 0