View Single Post
      06-19-2016, 03:48 PM   #29
Carbon.F30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335xi (M-Sport)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsiaochinsan View Post
Any one experiences the same thing? My rear view mirror dims perfectly in night time driving. The exterior side mirrors, however, doesn't seem to dim or dim very little in night time driving.

I may ask my SA about this in break in service due in 10 days.

...I'd love to hear others input. What I'm going to do is I'm going to go outside in the dark tomorrow and shine a flashlight in the sensor to see if I can force them to dim."
Hey, I've been experiencing this issue with my 2014 335xi where it seems like it's not dimming. Apparently when I asked my SA and looked in the OM the car uses the sensor from your rear view mirror to dim the sides as well. I tested it by pointing a flashlight directly at the sensor in the rearview mirror (At night). When I did that, SUCCESS: the mirrors did in fact dim normally. HOWEVER since I have a tint, they don't work well when there is a giant truck behind me, also at times the exterior mirrors dim slower than the rearview which kind of sucks but anyway, they dimmed with the rearview (no delay) when I tested them. Hope that helps!

P.S. Make sure you turn your headlights on, this way the light sensor will be on for sure.

Last edited by Carbon.F30; 06-19-2016 at 03:59 PM..
Appreciate 0