Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 720S, s550, S7, 997GT3RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2be
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsteele View Post
but if the choice is about visual appeal, difficulty distinguishing the current 3, 5, and 7 series Bimmers apart on the road is equally problematic. Having folks mistake my M5 for a 3-series is a little too much stealth for me.
But isn't the appeal of buying an M model from BMW derived from the extra power and handling built into the car, and not how different it looks? To me the feel and performance of the car while I'm driving it is the primary return on my investment, and not how I look to people outside of the car as I drive by.

I will be taking the stealth mode for my M5 further than most of you would care to do by using the diffuser from the 550 with the M sport package, fabricating exhaust tips shaped as the 550 tips are and welding them to an aftermarket exhaust like the Eisenmann. This effort applied just because I prefer the exhaust tip shape to follow the turn signal shape, and the smoother flow of the rear of the car without the extensions of the diffuser fighting the smooth inward curve of the rear bodywork. Just a more integrated, modular approach to the rear of the car which won't enhance or detract from performance. All personal preference of course, there is no right or wrong.
That sound great cant wait to see pic
Appreciate 0