View Single Post
      12-17-2012, 01:46 PM   #123
carholic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
I don't agree with you on the seats and the interior at all.

I spent 8.5 hours in the drivers seat of my M5 over 700 miles and was comfortable the entire trip. It is the first car I have had which provides that level of comfort.

The Pan has a great interior if you go custom - but the standard fare looks pretty tame to me.
I don't think I disagree with you at all. I think the M5 is a more comfortable long distance cruiser because it has wider and softer seats, plus a quieter exhaust.

I am also in agreement with you on the Pan's standard interior. If my Pan had wood trim and standard partial leather (or even full leather), I would think the interior is not much better than the M5. However, the alcantara and leather interior and the piano black trim is standard on the GTS. If I had to choose between a regular Pan S and an M5, I would choose the M5 all day long. However, the extra 30 hp, the custom interior, and new quicker transmission and the new sport exhaust and sound symposium feature, along with the new lowered ride height makes it very different than a Pan S or even a 4S. However it is also $35,000 more than a regular Pan S and $25,000 more than my pretty loaded M5, so those things did not come free.

In many ways, the M5 is a better value.