05-04-2019, 03:04 PM   #3
BeachM5nster
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaynos View Post
I have a guy in my area that I know pretty well. He's detailed my car twice including ceramic coating. He is fantastic at what he does and knows his stuff. Uses the same cloth once before washing and uses a different one for every type of application and multiple per stage.

I like to think I'm careful when washing and detailing mine but sometimes he cringes when I tell him how I've done a certain thing. He gives me advice and is not afraid to tell me his "secrets" to swirl and mark free cleaning.

There are good detailers out there that take pride in their work and take extra car of other people's property. There are many in my area that buy themselves a van or rent some premises and start a valeting business, these must be avoided like the plague.

There is one "hand car wash" in my area that people think is excellent. One worker was filmed accidentally dropping his cloth then washing it off in the puddle next to him.

Yeah, I'm sure there's someone around but needle in a haystack.. My area is a little different than the UK or san diego metro areas with big money. there arent enough people with nice enough cars to create a market for a guy to do insanely good detailing. the guys here that'd be capable do window tint and wraps instead bc its an actual market and makes more money regardless (im sure)..

i just dont trust ppl much.. bc well.. experiences

ive def done cringeworthy stuff, like using dawn on my first car. like every day lol. it was ok bc i waxed it a good bit. and used to use armor all.
oh oh, and fingernail polish remover to clean a tiny spot on the dash to 3m tape a tweeter. Ssooo dumb! haha yea dont ever do that
Appreciate 0